The Student Room Group

UCAS Application help needed URGENT!!

Aston is one of my choices and I want to do Accounting for Management.

They sent me an email today saying that I must enter my English Language GCSE grade in order for them to process and consider my application.

Problem is, I did English Literature at GCSE instead and achieved an A (which is on my application), so I'm confused as to what to do since I can't remember if I did any English Language units at GCSE :colondollar:

Any help? Since I've already received offers from Kent, Leicester and Portsmouth for Accounting & Finance which suggests that my application is fine. Should I just ring them up?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Students tend not to do Literature 'instead' of Language; normally students will complete both an English Literature GCSE and an English Language GCSE. Are you sure you haven't got a GCSE in English Language?
Reply 2
Original post by Dylann
Students tend not to do Literature 'instead' of Language; normally students will complete both an English Literature GCSE and an English Language GCSE. Are you sure you haven't got a GCSE in English Language?

I feel like I did a GCSE in both (or atleast a unit exam in language) but I genuinely can't remember :confused:

Also, my final GCSE exams result sheet has all of my grades and subjects and doesn't have english language on it - so going by that I'm assuming I didn't do one so I'm not sure what the best course of action is.
Reply 3
Original post by KAKAKA17
I feel like I did a GCSE in both (or atleast a unit exam in language) but I genuinely can't remember :confused:

Also, my final GCSE exams result sheet has all of my grades and subjects and doesn't have english language on it - so going by that I'm assuming I didn't do one so I'm not sure what the best course of action is.

Did you pass it? Maybe if you failed it it won't show.

Did you complete your GCSEs in a secondary school or home school/private candidate? I am certain most if not all secondary schools would make sure you had a pass in English Language. Have you complete AS-levels? GCSE English Language grade C is a common entry requirement for many sixth forms.
Reply 4
Original post by Dylann
Did you pass it? Maybe if you failed it it won't show.

Did you complete your GCSEs in a secondary school or home school/private candidate? I am certain most if not all secondary schools would make sure you had a pass in English Language. Have you complete AS-levels? GCSE English Language grade C is a common entry requirement for many sixth forms.

If I did take it then there's no chance that I would have failed it as I did well in everything else and would've been so annoyed if I failed in it!

I completed them at a secondary school, I'm in my A2's now and English Lit & Lang was one of my AS's (got a B and dropped it). I'm so confused right now and it's even more annoying how I can forget if I did a GCSE or not :/

Since the only exam result sheets I have are of the final grades and unit grades that I achieved in Year 11, could I have potentially done the English Language GCSE in Year 10?

I guess the best way is just to ring up my old school and see if they can shed some light.
Original post by KAKAKA17
If I did take it then there's no chance that I would have failed it as I did well in everything else and would've been so annoyed if I failed in it!

I completed them at a secondary school, I'm in my A2's now and English Lit & Lang was one of my AS's (got a B and dropped it). I'm so confused right now and it's even more annoying how I can forget if I did a GCSE or not :/

Since the only exam result sheets I have are of the final grades and unit grades that I achieved in Year 11, could I have potentially done the English Language GCSE in Year 10?

I guess the best way is just to ring up my old school and see if they can shed some light.

Did you not collect your exam certificates, contact your exam officer at your secondary school.

It is very unlikely that you did not do English language at gcse.

Quick Reply

Latest