The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayquaza17
I've got a Matlab project due in two weeks time about chaos theory! Inbox is open if you are totally stuck and need any help (although no promises I can help, but I'll try!) :smile:

Thanks, it's more the question that is hand written which is near impossible. I reckon after enough head bashing I'll break through the matlab code question, then the rest after just fall out quite nicely :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Thanks, it's more the question that is hand written which is near impossible. I reckon after enough head bashing I'll break through the matlab code question, then the rest after just fall out quite nicely :smile:

Head bashing is the way forward! As well as bashing the keyboard a few times!

I have to do a 5 page report with actual words and sentences!
Head bashing is the way forward! As well as bashing the keyboard a few times!

I have to do a 5 page report with actual words and sentences!

I'd much rather prefer that, not going to lie!

Don't suppose you've been taught about the secant method and how the hell it actually works?

Don't suppose you've been taught about the secant method and how the hell it actually works?

No, sorry! :frown:

You could try asking on here: http://stackoverflow.com and tagging your question with #matlab.
Had a lovely time with the boy today :love:

But feeling rather lightheaded at the moment. I'm in for a right cold :/

Got a busy weekend of reading and packing. Get my head straight with any questions I have to ask my supervisor and return all library books.

I also need to get rid of this cold! :frown:

The boy is also taking me out for dinner on Monday :tongue: won't be seeing him for a month and a week! Hmm :frown:
Spending this evening with 370 pages of international legal theory.

:woo:

Irony is that I was taught this last year But don't remember it, I'll send you some notes when I get the chance if that'll help you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, sorry! :frown:

You could try asking on here: http://stackoverflow.com and tagging your question with #matlab.

Thanks for that, I'll bash my head against it a bit more before I post on there
Original post by shorttstuff
Irony is that I was taught this last year But don't remember it, I'll send you some notes when I get the chance if that'll help you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you could send those notes then that would be a great help! My notes literally consist of 3 slides, yet there is 7 questions based on those 3 slides!
Thanks for that, I'll bash my head against it a bit more before I post on there

If you could send those notes then that would be a great help! My notes literally consist of 3 slides, yet there is 7 questions based on those 3 slides!

This is the Newton secant method right? Don't wanna get it wrong accidentally :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the Newton secant method right? Don't wanna get it wrong accidentally :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's the one, god forbid there be another one!
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I know. Law firms in New York won't just ask for the JD but they'll also ask for multiple internships and you'd get paid enough money to live in a trash can behind a Chinese takeaway and still have no money left over at the end of the month. lol jk I don't know what the money is like but the environment of law firms in america is much more brutal than here.

I think solicitors can be pretentious too but it seems to be mostly barristers.

That's true but people talk about law as if it's the only degree that'll open doors but frankly, there are many other degrees that'll do the same. I like the sciences, and languages. I only chose law because well, wrong a levels and I had no idea what to do with my life. :colondollar: still don't

:biggrin: lol, it really is brutal, you'll find your calling eventually!
Yeah, that's the one, god forbid there be another one!

These are my lecture notes from last year, it's around page 20. Hope they're a little bit more helpful to you than they were to me!
I'm trying to get my policing essay finished by monday, so I can finish my other essay and actually start my EU essay. I'm on track... but now that I'm working, I have far less time on my hands than I'd prefer..

Looking at flats for next year.. and the prices are just downright outrageous, I've got viewings scheduled for next week.. one flat in particular the deposit is £585.. letting agent fee £175.. then electricity contribution fee of £250.. they want all of that before I even move in! That's £1010 I need to cough up somehow.. and still manage to pay rent for my current accommodation.. my current letting agent wants me and my housemates to pay rent from Dec-March/April.. If I do that, and put down over £1000 for the other flat.. I don't know what I'm going to survive on.. as I still haven't even received my payroll number from my current job.. discovered I won't be paid till bloody January! :angry:
Has anyone managed to negotiate deposits before? My current accommodation didn't require one.. so I'm not sure..

Sorry for the rant
These are my lecture notes from last year, it's around page 20. Hope they're a little bit more helpful to you than they were to me!

You just solved the impossible question, thanks! :smile:
I have a PS draft :woo:

Although need to really remember to do my tests tomorrow :erm:
Had a lovely date last night. Cannot get used to saying that hahaha :suith:

Gotta do so much revision today for my exam on tuesday :frown:
Just took advantage of pcworlds deals and treated myself to a new laptop :dance::woo:
Can anyone please help me with referencing??

This book was initially published in 1998 but my edition was published in 2006 but then my book was part of the 10th printing in 2013.

What year should I put down for the book??
Next to the (c) symbol it says 2006?
Can anyone please help me with referencing??

This book was initially published in 1998 but my edition was published in 2006 but then my book was part of the 10th printing in 2013.

What year should I put down for the book??
Next to the (c) symbol it says 2006?

I would just go with 2006 since that's the book you're using
Fainted this morning. Wasn't a pretty site according to me sister :erm:

Anyway - stuck in bed all day, must get better asap!

Also, I don't know if this is normal, but it just struck me that I've started a PhD! I'm feeling very iffy all of a sudden, can I do this?? Handle all the pressure ahead of me? What if I fail this year? Hmm, very unsure about all of this. Was it a hasty decision? A waste of money? Gaaah! :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending