The Student Room Group

Car Write off payout, mileage valuation?

Just a quick question, bought my car for £3600, when insuring it the automatic valuation they told me was it is worth £3300, my car was involved in a car accident where someone hit into the back of me just two days ago, my car will be written off, i was stationary, just wondering if a cars mileage will affect valuation when insurers payout? anyone had any experience please do input, thanks
Original post by PataynaRolaay
Just a quick question, bought my car for £3600, when insuring it the automatic valuation they told me was it is worth £3300, my car was involved in a car accident where someone hit into the back of me just two days ago, my car will be written off, i was stationary, just wondering if a cars mileage will affect valuation when insurers payout? anyone had any experience please do input, thanks

An insurer must off you a payment that will allow you to buy a like-for-like car in your area. They'll offer you a rock bottom price at first. Refuse it unless you genuinely are ok with it. Condition, mileage, spec etc all come into what a car is worth.

example:

Car 1: 95,000 miles - worth £3,0000. [Insurer may offer you £2,750]
Car 2(the exact same spec as Car 1): 60,000 miles - worth £3,900 [Insurer may offer you £3,450]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Make sure you get the right valuation.
I managed to get my mate an extra 2 grand on his payout because his car was in a rare shade of silver.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending