The Student Room Group

What is something that is known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

For me, i think women are quite good at being hypocrites, and avoid showing their feelings etc to suit them

E.G. not telling someone why youre not happy with them and sitting there making things into a bad atmosphere and when asked whats the matter, we want to know

But if we didnt ask, we would probably be shamed for 'not caring' (probably applied to relationships)

And that i think women have no need to be infuenced by the media and what people think. The media aint the law

Girls say omg shes perfect omg her face can i just be her about women who i just think are not attractive at all

I think girls need to try and get into the positive way of thinking about their body

Im male and have a large cyst on my cheek which is red and very noticable and theres f*** all i can do about it for now no make up or nothing, but i gotta accept its there and move on and not care about any comments
Im a girl an i must say some thing for you guys AND for you girls
1. F*** periods! Seriously, I dont want to have a thousand of children I dont get why I should have this, which in my case its every 21 days 😒

2. YES when we showe we loose hair but its a fact that we loose 100 hair a days so I eventually accepted it.

3. I am a woman, I love make up and I put it FOR MYSELF as to feel pretty and more confident, which is something that also attracts more to guys so yeah it work 😊 but I dont wear a ton of it unless I go partying

4. I love going out partying, make up, shopping, i must admit i have a JB song or two in my ipod(though i dont find hum attractive at all) and sometimes romantic films or book And im blondish BUT none of it means I am not a top and sensible student who likes many more other things and do much more SO no prejudices please- taking care of yourself and so on does not mean you are shallow.
Original post by heavyhandscott
For me, i think women are quite good at being hypocrites, and avoid showing their feelings etc to suit them

E.G. not telling someone why youre not happy with them and sitting there making things into a bad atmosphere and when asked whats the matter, we want to know

But if we didnt ask, we would probably be shamed for 'not caring' (probably applied to relationships)

And that i think women have no need to be infuenced by the media and what people think. The media aint the law

Girls say omg shes perfect omg her face can i just be her about women who i just think are not attractive at all

I think girls need to try and get into the positive way of thinking about their body

Im male and have a large cyst on my cheek which is red and very noticable and theres f*** all i can do about it for now no make up or nothing, but i gotta accept its there and move on and not care about any comments

Ooh dangerous comments.

I agree with the first, fair few times I've been called out for being unable to read minds wtf

Second, yes, women need a positive body image: so do men, but whereas feminism has ensured there is some headway on that front [cf. e.g. Photoshop campaign], patriarchy means we men are not going to get a choice, so carrying on my body recomp to 12% so that I fit society's male ideal it is…remember guys, high cheekbones are a 'strong preference'!
Original post by awkwardshortguy
How much deodorant stings after you spray it on your gooch. It really fckin hurts.

How much it stings when you spray or roll it on freshly shaved armpits!!

Original post by leemer
Just out of interest would most girls be able to draw an accurate picture of a urinal? I mean you never go into men's toilets, maybe from tv i guess but yeah.

If, like me, you've cleaned enough of them in crap jobs in the past... you'll know that there is not one style of urinal lol

Original post by chocolatesauce
Some things are better to be kept to ourselves, I aint revealing any of our girly secrets :ninja: women have their own chamber of secrets :smug:

I disagree completely, I think its much healthier to be open and honest, then people wouldn't get so anxious about talking about issues with their SO's and people wouldn't be so immature about the bodily functions of the opposite sex

Original post by ArtGoblin
How painful it is to run or jump around without a bra on.

Not quite as painful as running up stairs as a woman with recently pierced nipples!

I was oblivious to the phenomenon of confused testicles til I met my partner...
As a boy, using an electric razor to shave my you know what and sac it is incredibly difficult, hurts and and uncomfortable!! Impossible feat to have a good shave haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
We like shopping from the men's section because your clothes are so much more comfortable, aaaaaaaand we love that look on your face when we walk past with the same jumper/shirt on as you

if i was a guy and i had spots, i would wear concealer to cover it up.. Lool no one would suspect it from me, so why the fuhh not
Original post by Uw0tm8_
if i was a guy and i had spots, i would wear concealer to cover it up.. Lool no one would suspect it from me, so why the fuhh not

Nahhhhhhhhhhh Im not sure you would :tongue:

Cmon boys, how many wear make up to cover spots..? they wont and i wont, keep my dignity/reputation :wink:
We like shopping from the men's section because your clothes are so much more comfortable, aaaaaaaand we love that look on your face when we walk past with the same jumper/shirt on as you

There's a photo somewhere of a friends son when he was 2. I own the same zip up top as him but in blue. Actually, I got it from the ladies section.

I used to have the same jacket as my dad. I was told to take it as a compliment that I have taste.:tongue:

But yes, you are right - men's stuff is more comfortable. Nearly all my running shorts are mens, because it's impossible to get ladies shorts that are baggy and long, therefore, don't chaff.

How much periods really hurt. Doesn't help that it really ****s with a problem I have with my head.:frown:
Nahhhhhhhhhhh Im not sure you would :tongue:

Cmon boys, how many wear make up to cover spots..? they wont and i wont, keep my dignity/reputation :wink:

yeah but who is going to realise that you've got make up on?
get a girl to do it for you, we girls have this talent where we're able to apply make up which looks so natural it looks like we've got no make up on.
Original post by Uw0tm8_
yeah but who is going to realise that you've got make up on?
get a girl to do it for you, we girls have this talent where we're able to apply make up which looks so natural it looks like we've got no make up on.

Not me :wink:

And nah, i dont talk to girls :cry:

im not putting no make up on xP
Not me :wink:

And nah, i dont talk to girls :cry:

im not putting no make up on xP

lool im just saying if any male wanted to wear makeup they could get away with it.
Why not?
There are women's toilets, no, I don't mean bathrooms, or something to do with urinals, and I'm not sure if it's an intentional design or just a flaw, but there are toilets that just do not fit a man.

Example: toilet in my house, If I sit positioning myself further back on the seat, then marks will be left, if I sit far enough forward to not leave marks, my penis will be pushed against the inside of the toilet, it's clearly not designed for a man.
Original post by Kabloomybuzz

I disagree completely, I think its much healthier to be open and honest, then people wouldn't get so anxious about talking about issues with their SO's and people wouldn't be so immature about the bodily functions of the opposite sex

Erm that's great :biggrin:
This is something women should know. Loads of my female friends have said they've done this or atleast act like this is normal behaviour:

Guy asks them out or something, they say no, or that they need time, etc. They are then perplexed when the guy, doesn't ask them out again or gives them space etc, expecting them to try again. Ladies unless the guy is borderline obsessed with you, if you say no, most guys will take that as no and move on. If you want to go out with a guy save everyone time and confusion and say yes, not a no that you don't mean.

Also:
what_girls_think_is_enough_sign_of_their_interest_in_me-317348.jpg
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yeah exactly, and then women take an inordinately long amount of time in there, Lord only knows what they're doing :iiam:

We remove our masks and have group discussions.
It's just like that scene from The Witches.
Original post by Foozzzaaarrd
That is correct!

News to me!
How much it stings when you spray or roll it on freshly shaved armpits!!

I was just talking about non-shaven gooch. To spray or roll on freshly shaven gooch would be invariably fatal.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I was just talking about non-shaven gooch. To spray or roll on freshly shaven gooch would be invariably fatal.

I really don't know why you would spray anything on such a sensitive area anyway but...
I really don't know why you would spray anything on such a sensitive area anyway but...

Sadomasochism? I don't know what makes some people want to be violently abused, but if there's one thing I know about life (and it probably is just one thing) it's that people are different. I'm sure some people have done it, and it was probably the last thing they ever did.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest