The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! Another American here (from Washington D.C.), I got unconditional offers for both international relations and international business with French at Edinburgh!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 61
Original post by savmm251
Hi guys! Another American here (from Washington D.C.), I got unconditional offers for both international relations and international business with French at Edinburgh!

CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: !!!! Woohooo yeah there's so many Americans, I'm a bit surprised to see so many of us haha :biggrin:!!! Do you think you'll firm Edinburgh?
Original post by ak2015
CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin: !!!! Woohooo yeah there's so many Americans, I'm a bit surprised to see so many of us haha :biggrin:!!! Do you think you'll firm Edinburgh?

Thanks! I'm not completely sure yet; I'm still waiting to hear from LSE. But I don't think I'll get in, and even if I do it'll be a conditional offer. So most likely I'll firm for international relations at Edinburgh!
Reply 63
Thanks! I'm not completely sure yet; I'm still waiting to hear from LSE. But I don't think I'll get in, and even if I do it'll be a conditional offer. So most likely I'll firm for international relations at Edinburgh!

Nice! I'm waiting to hear back from LSE as well, but I know it's incredibly difficult to get into so I'm not getting my hopes up. Best of luck to you :biggrin:!
Original post by ak2015

I'm an American as well! Currently deciding between Edinburgh and Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences, got conditional offers from both :smile:
Original post by michele394
I'm an American as well! Currently deciding between Edinburgh and Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences, got conditional offers from both :smile:

Choose Edinburgh, its so much better for biological sciences!

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone from the UK received an offer yet from Edinburgh or do they wait until after 15th January?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Emilyd1997
Has anyone from the UK received an offer yet from Edinburgh or do they wait until after 15th January?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got one
Reply 69
I am from New Jersey and I received an unconditional offer for Social Anthropology!!
Hello!

I have sent my application today for Edinburgh (Business management)
My IB predicted grades sum up to 37 points without extended essay and TOK essay points.

What do you think are my possibilities? I am an innternational student.

I have also applied to Liverpool, Queen Mary, Manchester, and Birmingham

Can I know on the basis of what grades did you receive you offer?
Original post by hustonaj
I am from New Jersey and I received an unconditional offer for Social Anthropology!!

Can I know on the basis of what grades did you receive your offer?
Original post by BWV1007
Got a conditional offer for Chemistry...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! What are you predicted results?
Reply 74
Original post by sergiomario
Can I know on the basis of what grades did you receive your offer?

Since I'm American, it was based on the SAT/ACT, and APs/SAT2's.
I needed a minimum of 1800 on the SAT or 29 on the ACT. I had both
AND
I needed 2 AP's of 4 or higher, or 2 SAT2's of 650 or higher, or one of each.
I had two 4's on my AP's and an SAT2 with a 740.
Are you also American?
Quick question from a parent as daughter is away with no internet access - she just received an unconditional offer for neuroscience stating entry point 2: does this mean they want her to go straight into second year?
Original post by cora06140
Quick question from a parent as daughter is away with no internet access - she just received an unconditional offer for neuroscience stating entry point 2: does this mean they want her to go straight into second year?

I don't think second year is a must, I guess your daughter applied for second year entry with the requirement of X grades, but you a little less pressure than the likes of me, as if she obtained say X-1 grades, she could go for first year instead of second year entry :smile:
Original post by YuriG1961
I don't think second year is a must, I guess your daughter applied for second year entry with the requirement of X grades, but you a little less pressure than the likes of me, as if she obtained say X-1 grades, she could go for first year instead of second year entry :smile:

Hi, no she applied for fist year entry but already has her grades (AAA) as she is on a gap year. This entry point 2 came as a surprise and not sure if it is advisable. I guess she will have to discuss with the admissions people when she is back.

Has anyone gone straight into 2nd year? How was it for you?
Congratulations! What are you predicted results?

My school didn't want to tell us our predicted grades even when we asked for them... :angry:
Hello!

I have sent my application today for Edinburgh (Business management)
My IB predicted grades sum up to 37 points without extended essay and TOK essay points.

What do you think are my possibilities? I am an innternational student.

I have also applied to Liverpool, Queen Mary, Manchester, and Birmingham

You should have a very good chance. My predicted grades sum up to 38 points without the bonus points and I got an early offer (31st of October). Edinburgh seems to love IB students, if you look at their prospectus, typical offers they give to IB students are generally much lower compared to those given out to A level students. Anyway good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending