The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SimSembi
I don't have the patience to go through 58 pages to find it aha but was was the cut off for 2015 entry to Exeter? Thanks in advance

For undergrads there seems to have been a threshold of A*A*A+ either predicted or achieved at A2 for invitation to interview. UKCAT scores seem very variable and of less significance this year.
I don't know about grads.
Any else feel really weird after their interview? I couldn't tell how it went, the 20 mins went by so quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maverick07
Any else feel really weird after their interview? I couldn't tell how it went, the 20 mins went by so quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I didn't enjoy that.
Original post by MiloMilo
It would appear everyone who is a graduate on this thread got an interview except for me.. And I think you all found out on Wednesday? Still nothing at half 2 on Friday afternoon does not bode well. Those interviews were for the 15th... which Exeter have said is their last day of interviewing...

I have other interviews.. but I am still bitterly disappointed. Really liked Exeter (like a lot of undergraduates on this thread who are equally disappointed and confused by the admissions process there).

I've still not got anything either. Like you, I've got other interviews as well, but would have been nice to have Exeter in the running too! I wonder what their cut-off for GAMSAT was...!
Reply 1144
Have all interviews (other than internationals) been done now? When does everyone think we might hear?
Original post by JNHE
Have all interviews (other than internationals) been done now? When does everyone think we might hear?

They said they might interview some home applicants in February and they hope to let us know by the end of January

Last year it was 31st Jan
Original post by Maverick07

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they were really friendly but I came out having no idea how I'd performed.
some people have mentioned a 'score' of 60ish for receiving an interview? any idea what this score is? also, have exeter handed out any rejections yet? thankss
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an email saying that they are "holding my application in reserve" until the first round of interviews are done, if there are more spaces then they will "reconsider" my application and they will let me know by the 31st of Jan... Urgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1149
Original post by Muhaha_6
Just got an email saying that they are "holding my application in reserve" until the first round of interviews are done, if there are more spaces then they will "reconsider" my application and they will let me know by the 31st of Jan... Urgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto
yeah same

Posted from TSR Mobile

And me....presumably everyone who hasnt been interviewed
Original post by Ahwab
Ditto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me to!! Reckon they've sent this to everyone who they haven't replied to? Or just some?
Reply 1153
Original post by alfresco_
Me to!! Reckon they've sent this to everyone who they haven't replied to? Or just some?

Seems like they're stringing everyone along.
Original post by Ahwab
Seems like they're stringing everyone along.

Why is the first reply I get a 'reserve' thing ffs :'(
I got so excited thinking it was sent to just some people.
Reply 1155
Why is the first reply I get a 'reserve' thing ffs :'(
I got so excited thinking it was sent to just some people.

I didn't even bother hoping and actually expected something like this
Don't buy into play mind games

I prefer upfront and honesty
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ahwab
I didn't even bother hoping
Don't buy into people who play mind games and fake bait

:frown:(( Exeterrrrrr

Have you got other interviews?

I just called them and they said that it was only sent to some people..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1158
:frown:(( Exeterrrrrr

Have you got other interviews?

Uea January

You?
I just called them and they said that it was only sent to some people..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you call Med UG? or general?
I just think it was sent to everyone who hasn't heard back lol
I'd rather think that than find out it was just to some people rather than vice versa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending