The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah fair enough, sounds good.

Wouldn't mind being pooled there

Haha do you live there now then?

I'd use it to exercise if I ended up there

I'd like it

Fortunately not - my parents moved over to Northern Ireland when I was about 6 months old, and we've been here ever since. I say 'fortunately' because I'd definitely not want to go to uni that close to home. I'm about ready for a bit of time away :smile:
Original post by Actaeon
Fortunately not - my parents moved over to Northern Ireland when I was about 6 months old, and we've been here ever since. I say 'fortunately' because I'd definitely not want to go to uni that close to home. I'm about ready for a bit of time away :smile:

Yeah definitely, if I wasn't in my city I'd love to study here... Just some Time awaay
Original post by Navo D.
No idea tbh :frown: If for some reason you're rejected it probably won't just be because of the TSA. But that's not a scenario you should worry yourself over :smile:

I walked out thinking it went well but on further reflection I realised that I made quite a few silly mistakes lol. Thankfully I corrected myself soon enough :tongue: But maybe I'll get criticised for being unsure about basics or something like that :frown:

Yeah apparently almost everyone makes stupid mistakes so I hope they don't hold it against us (I made quite a few too and got a couple really basic questions wrong)... Right after the interviews I was really pleased since they went better imo than the TSA the previous day but looking back I probably looked and sounded really stupid.

I guess we'll know soon enough... When are you expecting your decision to arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doomlar
I saw a lot of complaints by people about how they would feel being pooled to certain colleges; IMO I just want to go to Cambridge so I don't understand why you would be "fuming" to get a place in any college.

Someone care to elaborate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, personally I picked my college because I'm infatuated with it to an almost obsessive degree (it's so PRETTY and there's DUCKS and both the DoSes I met are lovely judging from the interviews) so if they reject me I will be gutted. However, if any college gave me an offer (be it a ridiculously far away one, an all-girls one, even an ugly one) I'd be over the moon, though I'd still be gutted about Emmanuel. Also, I dithered between Emma and Trinity Hall for quite a while, so it would be the most hilarious and brilliant thing if I got pooled there :tongue:
Original post by Navo D.
Ayy good to see you've tossed the Ann Fullick one aside and are using Hodder :colone: Is that particle physics you're revising?

yh definately. im using all of them lol. aswell as some factsheets which are really good.
yep particle physics, its really interesting u know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Navo D.
No idea tbh :frown: If for some reason you're rejected it probably won't just be because of the TSA. But that's not a scenario you should worry yourself over :smile:

I walked out thinking it went well but on further reflection I realised that I made quite a few silly mistakes lol. Thankfully I corrected myself soon enough :tongue: But maybe I'll get criticised for being unsure about basics or something like that :frown:

I was so glad to discover Girton didn't need TSA for Engineering. One less thing to work for, I looked at an example paper and it seemed... stressful to say the least.
6 days until decisions, 2 days until first pool calls start being made

Mood: Paralytic

Plans for day: Attempt to finish essay. Eat much chocolate. Deny existence of That Place.
Original post by aersh8
Yeah apparently almost everyone makes stupid mistakes so I hope they don't hold it against us (I made quite a few too and got a couple really basic questions wrong)... Right after the interviews I was really pleased since they went better imo than the TSA the previous day but looking back I probably looked and sounded really stupid.

I guess we'll know soon enough... When are you expecting your decision to arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha that's reassuring :smile:

Yep... very soon. I'm hoping I get an email on the 10th because it would probably take a whole week to come by post which is another week of stressing :colondollar: But nowhere does it mention if overseas candidates will be emailed so I'm unsure. Does Johns email?
Original post by Navo D.
Ayy good to see you've tossed the Ann Fullick one aside and are using Hodder :colone: Is that particle physics you're revising?

but yh the ann fullick one is pretty much useless lol. only good for a few things and just to check some things inline with the syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Actaeon
I was so glad to discover Girton didn't need TSA for Engineering. One less thing to work for, I looked at an example paper and it seemed... stressful to say the least.

By the way, what's Girton like? :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
yh definately. im using all of them lol. aswell as some factsheets which are really good.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah the factsheets are really helpful too! Particle physics is by far my favourite chapter in unit 4, I can't stand E/M and capacitors lol. I'm revising u4 too right now, the exam is in just over a week!

Original post by Actaeon

Lol I had the same reaction initially but it gets easier with practice :smile:

Pretty!

In slightly more detail, I really liked it. All the accommodation and gym and swimming pool are modern, and it just looks beautiful :smile:
Original post by Navo D.
Ahaha that's reassuring :smile:

Yep... very soon. I'm hoping I get an email on the 10th because it would probably take a whole week to come by post which is another week of stressing :colondollar: But nowhere does it mention if overseas candidates will be emailed so I'm unsure. Does Johns email?

John's said you can request an email after 4 working days (ie Thursday 15th) so I don't expect to find out before then. I'm planning to email them on the 7th so that they can send me the email asap because objectively I'll only receive the letter after minimum 3 weeks.

I'm just terrified of getting called for a second interview. I've been stress eating so much over the holidays and I'm pretty sure all that sugar has killed what was left of my brain cells. In any case there's no way my parents will pay for another trip so it'll have to be over Skype and I absolutely hate Skype (for no specific reason) so that will stress me out even more :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paradoxicalme
By the way, what's Girton like? :smile:

Let Girton = Pluto:

image.jpg
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

What factsheets do you use? Could you please please PM them to me? I always fall asleep in physics class (my teacher is too boring - once he forgot to turn off an oscilloscope connected to a microphone and kept on talking as a perfect sinusoidal wave was being formed on the screen) so I'm a bit lost especially since I've missed so much school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Actaeon

Pretty!

In slightly more detail, I really liked it. All the accommodation and gym and swimming pool are modern, and it just looks beautiful :smile:

As much as people bash on Girton/Homerton I'd be overjoyed with an offer there! And yeah that heated indoor pool tho... :colone:

Also
Original post by CaitlinDy
xx
look at this beautiful picture isn't it marvelous (you know why I'm quoting you :wink:)

Original post by aersh8
John's said you can request an email after 4 working days (ie Thursday 15th) so I don't expect to find out before then. I'm planning to email them on the 7th so that they can send me the email asap because objectively I'll only receive the letter after minimum 3 weeks.

I'm just terrified of getting called for a second interview. I've been stress eating so much over the holidays and I'm pretty sure all that sugar has killed what was left of my brain cells. In any case there's no way my parents will pay for another trip so it'll have to be over Skype and I absolutely hate Skype (for no specific reason) so that will stress me out even more :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's quite a while :frown: Hahahaha stress eating is not something I'm stranger to :tongue: Don't worry I don't think it's common for overseas applicants to be called for re interview
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Actaeon

Pretty!

Awesome! It's mainly because I know they take a bunch of pooled people so if I'm pooled I might end up there. I know it's in the ass-end of nowhere but it does look very pretty :biggrin:
Original post by bored565
Let Girton = Pluto:

Meh, I can deal with the walk as long as they let me in. :tongue: God, it's really frustrating to know that the DoSes of our colleges have probably read these threads and might know who we all are. They're like Sims-players watching all the little Sims and knowing that with one swipe they could make us bump into a lamppost.
This is where I study...
Original post by paradoxicalme
I write poetry so it changes a lot! Currently frailty. :smile:

Thanks to everyone who responded! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending