The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
never had to use turnitin

haha lucky.

It screws with me every time I use it
Original post by Slowbro93
Real, complex or fourier?

Real, will be doing Fourier next semester and a bit of complex too, but after this year then no more for me
Original post by Serentonin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by MathsNerd1
Real, will be doing Fourier next semester and a bit of complex too, but after this year then no more for me

Yeah, real's a bitch imo. Worst out of all my analysis modules.

I thought you liked analysis :tongue:
Yeah, real's a bitch imo. Worst out of all my analysis modules.

I thought you liked analysis :tongue:

It's just so boring that I switch off, that's all
Revising but nothing's going in, don't know how I'm going to pass these exams!

On the plus side just revived a 1st in a test I thought I failed 😀

Hope revision is going well for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l'insegnante
I just sat and revised for 2 hours and got a fair bit done so I took what was supposed to be a 5 minute break....20 minutes later I'm still sitting here staring at my laptop. It doesn't help that the particular topic is frustrating

20mins is not too bad.. usually i accidentally take breaks which are like an hour long haha :rolleyes:
One of my lecturers isn't giving us any model solutions or even going through any questions from any papers for that course. Really annoys me because I can't check if what I did is correct, and how am I supposed to know how they want the answers structured! :mad:

Cannot wait until the end of exams and the start of semester 2. I've only enjoyed 3 modules this semester and I wish I didn't have to study the other 3 any more!

Original post by MathsNerd1
No worries, did you do anything related to tensors and solving laplaces equation?

Nope. :redface:

Apparently we used to be able to pick questions we wanted to answer, but it confused people too much? I don't understand what's so hard about reading the instructions on the front of the paper. :confused:

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Revising but nothing's going in, don't know how I'm going to pass these exams!

On the plus side just revived a 1st in a test I thought I failed ������

Hope revision is going well for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your 1st! Hope your exams go well. :smile:

Original post by venuswaltz
20mins is not too bad.. usually i accidentally take breaks which are like an hour long haha :rolleyes:

I always just think, "I'll just look at one thread on TSR" or "I'll just watch one youtube video". Never ends well!! :colondollar:
Original post by rayquaza17
One of my lecturers isn't giving us any model solutions or even going through any questions from any papers for that course. Really annoys me because I can't check if what I did is correct, and how am I supposed to know how they want the answers structured! :mad:

Cannot wait until the end of exams and the start of semester 2. I've only enjoyed 3 modules this semester and I wish I didn't have to study the other 3 any more!

Apparently we used to be able to pick questions we wanted to answer, but it confused people too much? I don't understand what's so hard about reading the instructions on the front of the paper. :confused:

Well done on your 1st! Hope your exams go well. :smile:

I always just think, "I'll just look at one thread on TSR" or "I'll just watch one youtube video". Never ends well!! :colondollar:

Thank you!

And I feel your frustration about the model answer issue! It's the same for one of my modules and I have no idea how to structure my answers in the exams!

Good luck in your exams! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by venuswaltz

I still haven't restarted :L

Any way I can help? Getting my maths back into the swing :ahee:
Happy New Year everybody! :smile:

Hope that everyone can find the motivation to study hard for their exams. Come on everybody, you can and will succeed! :dumbells: I know just how tough this can be, I had my exams before Christmas and had a really tough time of it, there is light at the end of the tunnel. :smile:

Germany is so amazing! I love it here and feel right at home. The people here are so kind and friendly. Work begins on Wednesday, fingers crossed that it goes well. I must look into enrolling in evening classes at my local university too and finding a part time job. Everything is so exciting! :biggrin:

I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas. I have been procrastinating so much over the holidays. I'm so behind on my DAAD research project, it was because I was busy spending time with my family and I met up with some friends. I only have a week to finish my proposal so I'd better get a move on.

To Serentonin: If this guy makes you has made you feel sad more often than happy than he's not worth it. If you feel that you need him to make you feel happy and that he's integral to your life than that's a different story. Best of luck with this and your studies. Always remember to prioritise yourself and your feelings, you matter! :smile:

To Beyondandabove: I hope that you had a lovely Christmas in Frankfurt! :smile: Good luck in your exams!
(edited 9 years ago)
Any way I can help? Getting my maths back into the swing :ahee:

It's graph theory and combinatorics mind! Thanks for the offer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's graph theory and combinatorics mind! Thanks for the offer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh lawd, avoided that within my degree. Sorry!

How is the other modules going? Also had a look at Newcastle today, sadly they don't do my bit of Fluid Mechanics (although I would look at their soliton research group :yep: )
Oh lawd, avoided that within my degree. Sorry!

How is the other modules going? Also had a look at Newcastle today, sadly they don't do my bit of Fluid Mechanics (although I would look at their soliton research group :yep: )

Haha it's okay. I don't particularly like it tbh! Other modules are okay, it's just this one I don't really find interesting at all and the lack of solutions demotivates me even further. :frown:

That's a shame about not doing your area! I hope your other applications are going well though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How valuable is a summer placement? I know one is obvs better than none. But do I still have a good chance in phd applications etc? Really wanted to do one this summer but have missed most deadlines and been so busy with general degree/applying for year in industry to no avail. :frown:

That's just silly, I thought once you got to university they started to treat you like adults, I know my university does that.
Tired, sleepy, still have an absolute tonne of revision to do.

I will be so happy when this week is over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was 'revising' for 9hrs today. Probably only got about 4hrs worth of work done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had an unreal night last night. Didn't drink (was driving, still off drink after hitting head incident) and it was actually unreal. Kinda awkward tho.

IE: Ex walked in about an hour into the do, as I was standing directly opposite the door. Whoops. He was the most glum I've ever seen anyone for that length of time (we're talking 8pm until 3am). I also heard he'd told a friend he "just wanted a second chance" with me. Aye ok m8. You don't get second changes when you do what you did to someone, nevermind your girlfriend. Absolutely vile behaviour which he just doesn't seem to understand. But it's alright, some of the lads from work were absolutely trashed and being v. flirty (as people do when drunk), and he saw. He was raging. And he can't even get upset with me because I didn't do anything, so eyo. Suck it up.

I dunno why he came to the club, tbh. He clearly wasn't enjoying himself. Friends suspected he wanted to keep an eye on me, probably not far wrong.

Anyway, I have until next Monday to write two essays, from scratch. Absolutely no prep. done (last minute essay change for one!) so yeah, gotta work like a dog this week, and then I can go out partying and flirting with pretty boys again (totally aware it's far too soon, definitely not getting into anything with anyone until at least April. Giving myself time to heal and totally get over the experience as much as I can before I introduce a guy into my life in that manner).

Lets ****ing ace these essays/exams, guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending