The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FDF95
When you will see UCAS track update you think?

.... and King's will email the decision on 12th.... so I will know next monday evening...right?

Last year they seemed to update track a week or two after decisions were made. I had to send an email saying I would be accepting their offer, after which they updated my track.

If King's has said they will email on that date, then yes.
Original post by physicshelper
Hi
I am an international applicant
Does anyone know when St.Johns sends out their emails?

I don't think they do - you have to request one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when Sidney will be emailing/posting decisions? On the 9th too?
Original post by physicshelper
Hi
I am an international applicant
Does anyone know when St.Johns sends out their emails?

You can request the decision to be emailed to you after 4 working days, from the 9th. This means we can ask for it on the 14th, and probably get it the next day.
Original post by Ombre
An offer is proof of a chance that the next three years of your life will be decent without a doubt and it's always good to have a future

Yes but Ive never seen such hysteria over a school. People actually losing sleep and health over something you cant control anymore...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyonenobody
Yes but Ive never seen such hysteria over a school. People actually losing sleep and health over something you cant control anymore...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just another university. The only differences are a few odd traditions, smaller classes and the high pressure environment, pretty much.
Hello !

I was wondering.. does anyone know what sorts of criteria they use for international applicant ?
We have nothing to compare to UMS, different and obscure education systems, nothing about flags or auto-pooling.
Isn't it unfair ?

For example, I come form a highly competitive school in my country, no successful applicant to Oxbridge yet, amazing turnover of teachers, completely different approach to marks and exams..

They don't know anything about this. How can they evaluate an international application ?
Why are you people so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
When does pooling take place and when do you find out if you have been fished from the pool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahlou_ise
When does pooling take place and when do you find out if you have been fished from the pool?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pooling is taking place at the moment. Those that colleges wish to reinterview will be contacted during this week, but if they are going to make you an offer without another interview then you will find out as with all other offers at the weekend. (iirc) See the OP.
Original post by Goods
I was reinterviewed as were all other natscis pooled to robinson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know whether EU applicants were re interviewed too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone not at school today? :tongue:
Original post by RainbowVeins

Me! School starts tomorrow. The headmaster was about to cancel it due to snow but just sent an email that it will go on as normal :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of, got a mock in the afternoon so study leave for the whole week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 634

Today is the last day of Christmas vacation :smile: (I'm from Germany)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marsbms
Hello !

I was wondering.. does anyone know what sorts of criteria they use for international applicant ?
We have nothing to compare to UMS, different and obscure education systems, nothing about flags or auto-pooling.
Isn't it unfair ?

For example, I come form a highly competitive school in my country, no successful applicant to Oxbridge yet, amazing turnover of teachers, completely different approach to marks and exams..

They don't know anything about this. How can they evaluate an international application ?

bump.
Reply 636
Original post by Paralove
Last year they seemed to update track a week or two after decisions were made. I had to send an email saying I would be accepting their offer, after which they updated my track.

If King's has said they will email on that date, then yes.

Thn!

...and good for you!:smile:
It is mock week for me so I'm not in today or friday
Reply 638
Original post by aersh8
Do you know whether EU applicants were re interviewed too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea sorry im not sure we have any eu phys natscis who were pooled so i cant really answer. Anyway dont think about the pool its already over and youll find out your pool response in your letter which is a billion times nicer than having to go through the stress although I did get my call to inter only 3 hours after reading my rejection from kings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :smile: it's the last day of Christmas break in Poland. I wish I were at school, though. It distracts me from thinking about Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending