The Student Room Group

AQA Medicine Through Time Revision Help

Ok so I got a U on my last mock and am predicted a C. Has anyone taken/taking this course because I really don't know how to revise it ...
Any other revision tips would help too I need all the help I can get !!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I took this course last year and came out with an A* so if you have any questions last year. Braking the course up into sections when revising for example important people and their discoveries questions often come up asking you to compare the discoveries of two or three people. Other blocks include breaking the three barriers to surgery (you can brake those up to). Best thing to do is look at what each type of question in general is looking for example a five marker wants you to make 5 points or explain 2 or 3 a how far (8) wants you to argue two points and make a judgement hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I should of put the fact that the subject was history haha do u know if I can edit the topic name... I'm new to this site
Reply 3
Thank You for the help which type of revision method do you personally think is best when revising the people and their discoveries ??
Reply 4
I chunked them so for example versalius pare and Harvey just so I remembered they were in renaissance I would chunk koch and pastuer too as they often compare those sets. Flash cards with the name on one side and main discovery on the other is a good method or a snap set up so you can mix them up and then join them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thankyou for the help 😀
Reply 6
Its OK if you need any other help just asked I really enjoyed history last year so I still remember most of it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This was the most horrible exam for me, there was too much content and on the day of the exam I found out that my teacher didn't teach our class half of them, still I just got the A in that specific exam, and personally I feel like learning the structure of how to answer each question is very very vital
Original post by R Dragon
I haven't sorry so I can't help you. But I'd like to ask wtf is GCSE medicine LOL

It is basically the history of medicine and how it was developed we also learn about the pioneers of medicine like Galen and Hippocrates. I love history and especially this unit it is easy and fun :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
That does actually sound interesting...

At first, I thought it was made up lol xD

It is fun and no it's not made up :smile: so do u like history or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do WJEC Exam Board.
Here Are My Notes That I've Made So Far. I don't know how similar the specs are but I hope they help :smile:
I haven't sorry so I can't help you. But I'd like to ask wtf is GCSE medicine LOL

In short it is History GCSE
Original post by Adeel Ali
I do WJEC Exam Board.
Here Are My Notes That I've Made So Far. I don't know how similar the specs are but I hope they help :smile:

I am doing AQA history the spec for this unit is quite similar. The notes are very detailed thanks :smile: do u mind if I use ur notes just as a guide to create mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fallen99
I am doing AQA history the spec for this unit is quite similar. The notes are very detailed thanks :smile: do u mind if I use ur notes just as a guide to create mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Sure! Yeah I think they all are very similar TBH. :P
Your Welcome
EDIT: HAHA. I MEAN I DO OCR! :colondollar:
Yeah Sure! Yeah I think they all are very similar TBH. :P
Your Welcome
EDIT: HAHA. I MEAN I DO OCR! :colondollar:

Thanks:colondollar: well how long is ur exam of history for this unit??
Original post by Fallen99
Thanks:colondollar: well how long is ur exam of history for this unit??

I think one exam (The source one) Is 1 hours 30 minutes and the other (Study In Depth - American West And Medicine) is 2 hours :eek: What about yours?
I think one exam (The source one) Is 1 hours 30 minutes and the other (Study In Depth - American West And Medicine) is 2 hours :eek: What about yours?

The Medicine one (Study in Development) is 1 hour 45 mins and Germany (Enquiry in Depth) is also 1 hour 45 mins
But to be honest I think they should extend the time limit it may seem very long but during exam... :frown: U know wht I mean
(edited 9 years ago)
I detest history from the bottom of my heart.

In that case I am sorry :frown: so wht is ur fav subject
[QUOTE="Fallen99;52708139"]
I detest history from the bottom of my heart.

In that case I am sorry :frown: so wht is ur fav subject

Haha, I'm currently in uni ^_^

But back in GCSE, I enjoyed Food tech so much omg (But the coursework was realllllllllllllly long)

What's yours? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending