The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andreastitan
Would it be likely that I would get an interview?

You exceed the normal entry requirements and have good GCSEs; you'd have to do some kind of spectacular ****-up to not be interviewed.
Original post by paradoxicalme
You exceed the normal entry requirements and have good GCSEs; you'd have to do some kind of spectacular ****-up to not be interviewed.

Right okay sounds good :smile: what was your UMS? :wink:
I am glad to get away from Christmas pictures beside names (reindeer, holly etc) ...I have had enough of them...

The conversation bubble designs could do with improving...may be it is because I cannot work out how to put in a picture... do have to put it in an album?
Right okay sounds good :smile: what was your UMS? :wink:

97.8 top three, 88 in english. :smile:
Original post by paradoxicalme
97.8 top three, 88 in english. :smile:

WOW :biggrin: and why Cambridge over Oxford? and what you applying for?
Reply 765
Would it be likely that I would get an interview?

if your A levels are up to Cambridge standards the single most important thing that could **** you up is how you choose to spend your gap year
Original post by Ombre
if your A levels are up to Cambridge standards the single most important thing that could **** you up is how you choose to spend your gap year

I already have a job at a law firm for september :biggrin: is that ok? :wink:
Anyone doing HSPS and/or at Robinson? :biggrin:
Cheeky offer from Durham
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Cheeky offer from Durham

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by suzanamarieXD
Anyone doing HSPS and/or at Robinson? :biggrin:

HSPS here at Wolfson .... Good luck
Original post by I Treye'd
Congratulations! :smile:

Thanks!

It's hilarious how my lowest course requirement/standard wise will be the last to reply :lol:
Cheeky offer from Durham

Unconditional if firmed? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 773
Thanks!

It's hilarious how my lowest course requirement/standard wise will be the last to reply :lol:

Cambridge is your lowest requirement?!
Original post by jneill
Unconditional if firmed? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically is :lol:

A in Chem and A in any of FM, Physics or French.

All my offers are AA... Lol Cambridge needs to accept me to make my life easier

Original post by TVIO
Cambridge is your lowest requirement?!

No I'll hear from St Andrews after the 15th
Reply 775
Guys I'm a bit worried because I'll be at school tomorrow, and I never get signal there. Will it be a problem if I got a phone call at say 10am from a pooling college and then I didn't reply until after 4 o'clock? Or would I get an e-mail? As you can probably tell mild hysteria has set in, was hoping someone would put my mind at rest!

Also, a question I probably don't want to know the answer to but yet I'm still asking: is there an average UMS/interview score that would almost certainly guarantee an offer or a good chance in the pool? Like for example 99% UMS/an 8 at interview?
Reply 776
I already have a job at a law firm for september :biggrin: is that ok? :wink:

definitely. :flip:
Original post by Ombre
definitely. :flip:

Sounds good what did you apply for? :biggrin:
Original post by jwf13
Guys I'm a bit worried because I'll be at school tomorrow, and I never get signal there. Will it be a problem if I got a phone call at say 10am from a pooling college and then I didn't reply until after 4 o'clock? Or would I get an e-mail? As you can probably tell mild hysteria has set in, was hoping someone would put my mind at rest!

Also, a question I probably don't want to know the answer to but yet I'm still asking: is there an average UMS/interview score that would almost certainly guarantee an offer or a good chance in the pool? Like for example 99% UMS/an 8 at interview?

I would imagine the college would understand you calling them back at 4 esspecially as it would be unreasonable for them to expect you to recall during college times (some don't allow phones).

I can't see someone with 99% and an 8 not getting an offer but without knowing our interview scores will just have to wait :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jwf13

If you average over 95%, didn't have a terrible interview and are state schooled you have a good chance, I'm sure it'd be okay if you reply a couple of hours later and from what I've heard they might email aswell about re-interview :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending