The Student Room Group

Failed Hertfordshire admission !!

Hi,

I just done my numeracy and literacy test today at Hertfordshire university for adult nursing course and i failed the numeracy test. It was 30% !.... they called all of us and placed us in a room where they told us that we failed. My heart sunk and didn't know what to do as I really wanted to study there... Is there anyway for me to redo the test or apply for the same course and start in January.. I didn't know how i failed as i was pretty comfortable that i passed.. Please help meet !!!!!! I really want to study there!!!
Reply 1
To pass their numeracy test, you have to score 90% or above. Regarding January start, contact admissions about that.

Good luck.

:biggrin:

Original post by Mark_25
Hi,

I just done my numeracy and literacy test today at Hertfordshire university for adult nursing course and i failed the numeracy test. It was 30% !.... they called all of us and placed us in a room where they told us that we failed. My heart sunk and didn't know what to do as I really wanted to study there... Is there anyway for me to redo the test or apply for the same course and start in January.. I didn't know how i failed as i was pretty comfortable that i passed.. Please help meet !!!!!! I really want to study there!!!
The best thing to do is to move on and focus on the next skills test.

You can contact them and ask whether you can redo the test. But, bare in mind that it's not always possible to have that opportunity as everyone deserves a fair chance of getting a place on the course.

They will most likely say that you have to reapply next year. Unless you're ready to wait another year to do the test again, best option is to learn from the experience and do better in your other entry exams.

All the best ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Trapped
To pass their numeracy test, you have to score 90% or above. Regarding January start, contact admissions about that.

Good luck.

:biggrin:

Omg 90%?? Do you happen to know what is the pass mark of the test and if we have to get 90% so for example that is 9 out of 10?
Reply 4
Original post by Mark_25
Hi,

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear that. Were the tests really hard?
Reply 5
Correct, you do have to answer 9 out of the 10 questions correctly. You are interviewed regardless, however, you will only receive an offer if you pass both tests and the interview. :frown:

Do you have an interview with them soon?

Good luck

Original post by Mandyg
Omg 90%?? Do you happen to know what is the pass mark of the test and if we have to get 90% so for example that is 9 out of 10?
Reply 6
Original post by Trapped
Correct, you do have to answer 9 out of the 10 questions correctly. You are interviewed regardless, however, you will only receive an offer if you pass both tests and the interview. :frown:

Do you have an interview with them soon?

Good luck

So there are 10 questions altogether? Omg it is difficult for me to even get 5 questions correct but have to get 9 out of 10 wow.

So erm are the questions really difficult then or is it quite simple and do you happen to know the pass marks for literacy test is it the same 9 out of 10? and do you happen to know what is the layout for literacy test is it just essay or other comprehensions as well?

Yes I do indeed! I am starting to get even more nervous now that I found out we have to get 90%. and Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
What kind of maths questions was there on the literacy test, was it all drugs calculation, I failed my Middlesex test but was told I can reapply through clearance in August. I applied to herfordshire but still waiting for a reply, sorry to heard you failed.
Reply 8
Actually in heartfordshire numeracy you have to get 5questions right aswel as the literacy i was der 2weeks ago and got 4numeracy and 8 literacy and the guy said u wre short of a mark ! However you still have another chance on clearing thts if der r still places avail ,gudluck on ur next 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mark_25
Hi,

heyy i have got my test at the end of April do you know what kind of questions did you get in numeracy and literacy
heyy i have got my test at the end of April do you know what kind of questions did you get in numeracy and literacy so i can prepare my self

Quick Reply

Latest