The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by paradoxicalme
Ooh, fancy-like. :tongue:

Again, good luck. Also, please don't assume that you ****ed up your interviews just because you're getting reinterviewed; it could mean several different things. It's more likely that there's a difference between your interview performances, or that they want to see what you're like to see if you're the kind of person they want, or have some kind of gap in their knowledge about you. And you're good enough to have been reinterviewed! Lot better than most, even at this stage. Just pointing it out. :smile:

I know I shouldn't assume that but I can't help think it a little :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm an international applicant for Eco and someone else in my grade received an offer for law at Oxford yesterday... There's also 3 others applying ivy leagues, the pressure feels really bad now /: plus everyone thinks med and law is more prestigious in my school so I'm not even sure what to do if I get rejected :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1222
Original post by absybabsy
Does anyone know how it is decided who fishes you out of the pool? Is t first come, first served? What happens if more than one college wants you?
If you haven't already been definitely spoken for, the college tutors have to discuss it and agree which of them gets to make you an offer. It's not usually a problem.

Original post by Deadpan
Colleges with the highest unfilled requirement get first choice from the pool.
Now that the relevant document is behind the login I can't check, but I don't remember this. Do you have a source?
Original post by Watchthe
That's what makes it worse! The colleges are so nice and staying there gives you a taste of what you could potentially achieve!!
I was quite disappointed with my performance, really very nervous about Saturday, I feel it may be a huge knock to confidence levels and make me doubt myself!
Also with medicine, most of us will have no offers right now so there's nothing to feel comfort from! Just a that daunting feeling of the interviews that lie ahead!

Omg every word of that is so true :cry2:
Where else have you applied?
I agree it's getting so stressful at this point and the pressure is really building up ! O thought I was under control but Oxford decisions coming out today just pushed me over the edge and now I think I'll be stuck in panic mode until Saturday.
Reply 1225
Original post by paradoxicalme
If you don't hear tomorrow, you won't be reinterviewed.

Original post by gothmog827
When will we find out if we need to have an interview for another college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What paradoxicalme said is correct. However, do check your email spam folders, just in case.
Original post by RainbowVeins
Omg every word of that is so true :cry2:
Where else have you applied?

Hey I found a cambridge 2015 medical applicants thread!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2798317&page=34
someone has been pooled for am interview
Original post by Watchthe
Hey I found a cambridge 2015 medical applicants thread!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2798317&page=34
someone has been pooled for am interview

I have been lurking around that thread for a while :colone:

It's a bit scary to know :lol:
Any vets been called for reinterview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Generally, it's international and EU candidates before 15th,and home applicants after :lol:

Because they can squeeze more money out of you :wink:

Wow I wish Cambridge was like that.
Reply 1230
do selwyn send a letter or email for offers/rejections?
Original post by jbn

They are posting offer/rejection letters on 9th..Not sure about the emails though:s-smilie:
Hey, just have a question...
Does anyone know (preferrably vets at robinson, but please anyone who might know) whether robinson places more value on the bmat or on the interview? Or something else entirely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbn

I think by post on the 9th.

I applied to Selwyn aswell, what did you apply for?
2 sleeps more

Well 2 and a bit
Hey
Is there anyone here from Jesus?
Have you heard back anything after the application acknowledgement?
I emailed them.. No reply..
Original post by willjeffcott
I got an email today from Girton to say I'd been pooled there. Not the college I had my heart set on, but I have looked on their website and it looks really nice. Anybody know what sort of percentage get offers from the pool to Girton? I am going to study nathematics

Hi! I'm currently a student at Girton (studying engineering), congratz, you've definitely got an offer from the best college :P I think about 50% of students at Girton are pooled there (check the stats for exact figures). But everybody who gets pooled there ends up loving it. We have a really great community, partly due to the fact we're further out of town, but our facilities are amazing. We're the only college with an indoor heated swimming pool haha!

If you have any questions just ask! ps I was pooled to Girton and haven't looked back for a second :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
If anyone wants to know quickly when theyre hearing back about offers etc try using your colleges twitter! I applied to Downing and I tweeted them about this and they replied straight away saying they send out emails on the 10th :smile:
Had second Cambridge dream!

Was really confusing because there were so many parts... Like I swear I must have had two separate dreams at the same time.

In one, I was pooled and then it was like you had to apply again to certain colleges or something

In the second I saw the spreadsheets, and I was quite far down in the ordered list but it said, like make offer from college after interview or something lol

I had a good like 10 different dreams last night, lol
I live in West Wales, if cambridge post letters by 1st class on the 9th will I have it by the 10th? =\

Latest

Trending

Trending