Scroll to see replies

Applied for Management with Marketing a couple of days ago
I'm predicted 40 IB points
Aah really hoping to get an offer before Christmas time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Oh and did any of you guys receive an acknowledgment e-mail from Bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries
Oh and did any of you guys receive an acknowledgment e-mail from Bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did 1 day after I applied
Has anyone applied to chemistry with drug discovery ?
My AS Levels are Biology, chemistry, geography and geology :P Dropping geology after AS :L Will not doing maths hinder my chances??
Hey

I've applied for Biology with a placement year, got an email confirmation that they'd received by application on the 1st. Predicted D*D*D* in BTEC Level 3 Applied Science.

Has anyone else who's applied received an offer for this course yet? If so, how long did it take after sending?
Reply 325
Original post by winnerjang
Hi

I got an email saying that they are unable to make a decision on my application until 15th Jan. to give everyone an equal chance.

But this morning my status on UCAS Track changed and it said Bath has offered me a place for management....?

So confused:frown:

Well done for receiving an offer! Applied for International Management and haven't received an offer yet. I am getting really nervous as Bath is my first choice. If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades, AS grades and GCSE grades. I just want to compare as I'm not sure if I have made the cut.

Predicted: A*AA
GCSEs: A*A*AAAAABBB

Thanks! and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Original post by 506rl
Did everyone else that hasn't recieved an offer yet get that email saying stuff about how they *might* not give you an offer until after the deadline?? Does that mean they definitely won't give out any offer befre then?

Hi 506rl,

I'm Carly, a second year student at Bath.
The university aims to make a decision about all applications as soon as they can. However, due to the large number of applications it receives and the high demand for courses it is not always possible to get back to everyone by the 15th January deadline.
This email does not mean that you won't receive an offer until after 15th January, it is possible that you will receive a reply before then.
If you haven't received your reply by then, please don't worry. All of your choices have until 31 March to make their decisions and you don't have to reply to any of your offers until then, when you have a reply from all of them.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to quote me.

Carly
Original post by SubwayLover1
Has anyone applied to chemistry with drug discovery ?
My AS Levels are Biology, chemistry, geography and geology :P Dropping geology after AS :L Will not doing maths hinder my chances??

Hello,

I am a final year student here at Bath and I am studying the chemistry with drug discovery course, and I have really enjoyed it.

Regarding the maths a-level, the A2 entry requirements for chemistry courses at Bath are Chemistry and at least one other out of Biology, Physics and Maths. So your current choices fit the entry requirements, for more information have a look at the prospectus. The department do have support in place in the first year for students who have not studied maths to help bring you up to speed, and you will not be the only one without a maths a-level.

If you have anything else you would like to know about the university or the course please feel free to quote me and ask.

Thanks

Claire
Original post by University Of Bath
Hello,

I am a final year student here at Bath and I am studying the chemistry with drug discovery course, and I have really enjoyed it.

Regarding the maths a-level, the A2 entry requirements for chemistry courses at Bath are Chemistry and at least one other out of Biology, Physics and Maths. So your current choices fit the entry requirements, for more information have a look at the prospectus. The department do have support in place in the first year for students who have not studied maths to help bring you up to speed, and you will not be the only one without a maths a-level.

If you have anything else you would like to know about the university or the course please feel free to quote me and ask.

Thanks

Claire

Thank-you. I was just wondering what the average gcse results are for chemistry with drug discovery and will i be at a disadvantage for not doing maths a level?
Sorry for late reply! I just sent you a message!

Original post by nh1601
Well done for receiving an offer! Applied for International Management and haven't received an offer yet. I am getting really nervous as Bath is my first choice. If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades, AS grades and GCSE grades. I just want to compare as I'm not sure if I have made the cut.

Predicted: A*AA
GCSEs: A*A*AAAAABBB

Thanks! and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Original post by SubwayLover1
Thank-you. I was just wondering what the average gcse results are for chemistry with drug discovery and will i be at a disadvantage for not doing maths a level?

Hello,

I am afraid I do not know the average GCSE results for people on the course, but Bath accepts a wide variety of different qualifications. The entry requirements regarding GCSEs are a B in Maths and Chemistry and a C in English Language.

For the drug discovery modules I do not feel you will be at a disadvantage not having doing maths as in my experience there was not much maths involved, these modules are more biology based. The main area that relies on maths is the physical chemistry module, however all concepts are explained in the lectures as they are aware everyone has a different levels of maths abilities, and there are also additional maths support lectures for those who haven't done a-level. The staff in the department are all very friendly and helpful so if you did find yourself struggling they would be very happy to help.

Hope this helps, and any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Claire
Has anyone received an offer for Biomed Yet? My friend heard but I haven't so I'm getting worried a rejection might be on the cards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Econ :smile:
Reply 333
Guvner,18 What were your a level subjects, as grades and predicted grades if you don't mind my asking? Also, have you chosen straight economics?
Original post by Jim997
Guvner,18 What were your a level subjects, as grades and predicted grades if you don't mind my asking? Also, have you chosen straight economics?

Subjects: Maths, Politics, Economics and History(AS)
AS: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A
Yeah just straight Econ, u?
Anyone heard back about architecture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramesh Babu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a few friends applying for Archi at Bath, they haven't heard back yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramesh Babu

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend got an offer a while back
Reply 338
Anyone for civil engineering here? :smile:
Original post by lizziethomo
has anyone got an offer for Accounting and Finance yet?
if so, what was the offer and what are your predicted grades?
:smile::smile::smile:

Yeah I have my offer is AAA or AAB with a C in Welsh bac. My predicted grades as A*AA

Quick Reply

Latest