The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Does Durham accept uni drop outs?

Hello :smile:

I have applied for earth sciences at Durham University for entry in 2024. I have studied physics and completed first term at university of Bath but have suspended my studies before exams. I have decided that physics is not the course for me and that's I have more of an interest in earth sciences. I declared my time at Bath university in the education section of my UCAS application. Will my application be disadvantaged as I am coming from a different university?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I know people at Durham who have done similar so yes.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Oll1925
Hello :smile:

I have applied for earth sciences at Durham University for entry in 2024. I have studied physics and completed first term at university of Bath but have suspended my studies before exams. I have decided that physics is not the course for me and that's I have more of an interest in earth sciences. I declared my time at Bath university in the education section of my UCAS application. Will my application be disadvantaged as I am coming from a different university?

Thank you :smile:

Hi there

According to the website, Durham does accept transfers into Year 1 from other unis and you won't be disadvantaged for it as long as you have disclosed your previous education in your application :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there

According to the website, Durham does accept transfers into Year 1 from other unis and you won't be disadvantaged for it as long as you have disclosed your previous education in your application :smile:

-Himieka

ahh thank you 🙂
I don't have any grades or qualifications from bath uni tho as I left before semester 1 exams. do I still put my transcript from the uni?
Original post by Oll1925
ahh thank you 🙂
I don't have any grades or qualifications from bath uni tho as I left before semester 1 exams. do I still put my transcript from the uni?

I doubt a transcript would be of any use since you haven't sat any exams but just to be sure, I'd suggest you contact the admissions team via the enquiry form or ringing them up- contact details here. They'll be back on Jan 2nd so you'll have to wait until then to call them :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 5
Original post by Durham Students
I doubt a transcript would be of any use since you haven't sat any exams but just to be sure, I'd suggest you contact the admissions team via the enquiry form or ringing them up- contact details here. They'll be back on Jan 2nd so you'll have to wait until then to call them :smile:

-Himieka

I have done only one piece of graded work, which was a python semester 1 coursework, but I haven't got a grade for that yet and I will suspend my studies at the uni before I do. would I have to put this down on the application?
Original post by Oll1925
I have done only one piece of graded work, which was a python semester 1 coursework, but I haven't got a grade for that yet and I will suspend my studies at the uni before I do. would I have to put this down on the application?

Heya,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that as I'm not an admissions advisor, so I would suggest you contact them directly via the details I've given above :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest