The Student Room Group

Do you eat before school?

Poll

Can you make it through morning lessons without eating?

It's been reported by the Mirror that four in ten teachers have taught pupils who have not eaten for 12 hours!

Students are grouchy, hungry, unable to concentrate and even falling asleep because they have no energy.

During my school days my main motivation for getting up was for breakfast!

Can you survive your morning lessons without any grub? :cookie:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah,that's true.I even could'nt concentrate on my lessons!Now i eat before lessons!Getting it now!!feeling Happy!
Original post by dumbgirl340
Yeah,that's true.I even could'nt concentrate on my lessons!Now i eat before lessons!Getting it now!!feeling Happy!

Do you always eat the same breakfast? If I don't eat I get Han-gry..... tired and emotionally I'm not in a good place :wink:
I usually eat my dinner at around 6PM and have a snack at 8PM before bed, then the next I eat after that is probably an apple & chocolate bar at 1PM ish, and I'm compleatly fine. I know it sounds bad, but I just don't feel hungry in the mornings, and I drink plenty of water that keeps me going.
Original post by She-Ra
Do you always eat the same breakfast? If I don't eat I get Han-gry..... tired and emotionally I'm not in a good place :wink:

Mostly same!
Even though I usually eat a bowl of muesli or porridge with an apple before going to school, my stomach is rumbling like a volcano by my second lesson - I'm sure that the classroom next door can hear me! The problem is that, when I do finally have a bite to eat at lunch, I fill up ridiculously quickly, despite only limiting myself to a small roll, a few slices of cucumber, several almonds and a box of raisins.

I just cannot understand how anyone can survive without breakfast before school - I certainly wouldn't stand a chance!
Not usually, never have time. The earliest I'll eat at school is 10:50 (at break) if I'm hungry. I get through all of my lessons fine, except Chemistry because it's just so boring.
Nope Never before school!
However at break; 10:30 I eat a couple of toasts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day :smile: Unless dessert counts as a meal? Haha, maybe I should try chocolate cake for breakfast...
If I didn't have breakfast my stomach would be rumbling hugely in all my lessons up to break/ lunch. I could probably manage without it, but it's kind of embarrassing so I make sure I eat lots at breakfast to keep me going :smile:
I always did and I would always be hungry by break time :tongue: If I didn't eat I would be han-gry and not concentrate on anything
Reply 10
Original post by She-Ra
It's been reported by the Mirror that four in ten teachers have taught pupils who have not eaten for 12 hours!

Students are grouchy, hungry, unable to concentrate and even falling asleep because they have no energy.

During my school days my main motivation for getting up was for breakfast!

Can you survive your morning lessons without any grub? :cookie:

lol how can u get motivated for breakfast?? i mean most ppl only eat cereal, there's no time in the mornings to eat anything better lol...
Anyone else confused by the statistic? I'd be surprised if any teacher doesn't regularly teach someone who hasn't eaten in 12 hours.
I never used to eat breakfast and when I didn't I'd feel incredibly tired in school. You constantly think about food during the lesson rather than concentrating on your work. Thank goodness that doesn't happen anymore. :excited:
I used to not eat anything until break at half 10 and then have a roll and sausage from the canteen.. now though I probably couldn't even last that long without anything :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Nop
I kinda have to unless I get serious headaches that last till the next day. Suckish!:frown:
I always had breakfast before school back in the day.
always! mum doesnt let me leave without it! :smile:
If I had enough time, I used to.
You must eat breakfast to function. You must also eat to have a proper and regular bowel movement. It must be really uncomfortable throughout the day for people who skip breakfast.

Quick Reply

Latest