The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
Hello both

When I saw this I assumed you were both medics, and aersh8 has confirmed that for me.

My understanding is that there are a number of applicants for Medicine only who are still being considered for an open offer. What an open offer means is that you would be guaranteed a place - assuming you met your offer conditions in full - but the college you would be placed at won't be decided until after the A level results are published in August.

Each year, a small number (about five) of these open offers is made for Medicine. Unfortunately it appears that the process of allocating these open offers hasn't been completed in time for the main mail-out, hence the terms of the letter you've received today. I don't know how many people will be in contention for these offers, as Cambridge has never published this information so far as I am aware, but it is fair to say that the odds in favour of getting an offer this way are not as good as they are for the re-interviewees. The 'open offer' group as I understood it from previous years is completely separate from the re-interviewed group, but I can't confirm that now because the information is 'behind the wall'. Here's hoping that they will make their minds up and let you know quickly.

Applicants for all other subjects - except the re-interviewees, who know who they are by now - can be assured that their decisions have been made, and that this information will reach them some time over the next few days.

See explanation above :smile:

Yes they have - these were decided on 6 January, and are being communicated from now.

This is a special case relating to Medicine applicants only.

I have my results, all of them. I'm a gap year applicant (Not re-applicant though). It would still apply to me?
(edited 9 years ago)
CONGRATS TO ALL OFFER HOLDERS

Jesus applicant here..

My friend had emailed Jesus long ago.. The reply came yesterday that if u email them the request.. They wil email tomo (that's today)

What's happening?? Why haven't they emailed till now?
Original post by jdevine90
Well done! :smile: what college did you apply to?

Selwyn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from Homerton?
Original post by notebooker
Rejected from Emma for PBS. Tried not to get my hopes up, but still so disappointed.. :frown:

Awwwww noooo :frown: I'm so sorry!!!! Xxx
Original post by TVIO
Gahhhh I just wanna be rejected so I can move on with my life. Rather than this agonising 'hope' thing

:lol: you don't want to be rejected, you just want to know!
Original post by themancunian
Rejectioooooonnnn from Christ's for NatSci hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo I'm sorry :frown: it was lovely meeting you, and I'm sure you'll go to another great university!
Reply 2567
Original post by The_Top_Hat
I have my results, all of them. I'm a gap year applicant (Not re-applicant though). It would still apply to me?
Yes - in that case if you got an open offer it would be unconditional, so you'd be guaranteed a place, but the college would not be decided until August. You would take precedence over anyone who missed their offer.
Offer for engineering at Pembroke! Im completely made up!!!
I've been accepted to study Philosophy at Christ' College Cambridge! I'm so pleased!
Original post by whatacrydonnie
Nooo I'm sorry :frown: it was lovely meeting you, and I'm sure you'll go to another great university!

Are we still in contention?
I am watching the CCTV for my house and dying because post doesn't come for ages :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I've been accepted to study Philosophy at Christ' College Cambridge! I'm so pleased!

Sweet! We knew you could do it woooooo
Offer to read English at Girton... with an offer of A*AB???!!
Original post by Alludeen1
Pooled by Jesus and have an offer fro MML... not sure where though!

Congrats!!! Is that an email or letter?
Reply 2575
Original post by tomfailinghelp

OMG well done!
Original post by GavinYang
such a pity that I am not able to visit this sheet right now.Would you mind tell me when will Caius email?

No data for Caius yet :frown:
49 people looking at the sheet now!!!!!
HELLO and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Nope

**** :frown: screwed...

Manchester is waiting :wink:

Glglglglglglglgl

Nah you'll get in :smile: - haha or Durham! Oxbridge reject stereotype activate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emmanuel College, Economics, A*AA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2579
Original post by ChemPrince
CONGRATS TO ALL OFFER HOLDERS

Jesus applicant here..

My friend had emailed Jesus long ago.. The reply came yesterday that if u email them the request.. They wil email tomo (that's today)

What's happening?? Why haven't they emailed till now?

Hey Jesus Applicant as well, does that apply to internationals only? Also did they want the request sent before today?

Latest

Trending

Trending