The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by Daphinator
Murray Edwards is supposed to send out emails on the 10th. I think this is for all applicants, not just internationals.

Murray Edwards will send the decision letter via email if you get in touch with them to request it, but there is no blanket policy with regards to sending letters out via email to applicants. Hope that helps!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Are we still in contention?

Bio and Phys are dealt with separately, aren't they? So we're not in competition? (Not that I'd stand much chance against you :tongue: )
I think the post is delivered from 12 - 1 so I've still got a bit of a wait either way..
Does anyone know when reinterviewees will hear, or is it just up to the college we're being interviewed by?
Original post by Anaia
Hey Jesus Applicant as well, does that apply to internationals only? Also did they want the request sent before today?

Hey! I don't really know.. I think u cld email them with ur name n UCAS ID n request for the decision in email
Original post by whatacrydonnie
Bio and Phys are dealt with separately, aren't they? So we're not in competition? (Not that I'd stand much chance against you :tongue: )
I think the post is delivered from 12 - 1 so I've still got a bit of a wait either way..

I meant contention as in have a chance :lol: Not competition sorry didn't mean it like that

Pretty sure it's just NatSci as a whole though!

:gah:
I don't understand how it works though if someone has been fished by a college how can they not know which college? Surely a college fished them.

The system has changed.

Previously you would be pooled first then called for an interview or not. There were then 4 options offer from new interview offer from new college offer from old college offer from old college after they've reinterviewed.

The two middle options now come with the letter the first and last have to wait until the interviews are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, can I ask for some advice? I got an email from the college I applied to, but I don't really understand what my applicant status is...

"We have now considered your application for admission to read for a BA Honours Degree in History. I am sorry to tell you that, because of the strong competition this year, we are not able to offer you a place. However, your application was placed in the Inter-Collegiate Pool where it was available for consideration by all the other Cambridge colleges.

I am pleased to advise you that your application remains of interest to other Colleges and you will be contacted shortly (if you have not already heard from them). If you are invited for interview, you will be advised of the final outcome of your application, as soon as possible once the Winter Pool interviews are complete."

I'm international, so I can't be invited for interview, plus i thought the re-interviews had already taken place?
Any news from Fitzwilliam?
Original post by esr33
Murray Edwards will send the decision letter via email if you get in touch with them to request it, but there is no blanket policy with regards to sending letters out via email to applicants. Hope that helps!

How do I get in touch with them? Should I send an email? I live outside uk and the letter will take 7-10 days to arrive I think if it doesn't get lost
I've got my favourite band playing but this album is far too depressing... *reaches for the Fall Out Boy*
Reply 2610
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Thanks for the clarification. I know it's no guarantee of what's happened but it's good to hear something from someone that knows what they may be talking about.

I just don't want to wait anymore... It's been so damn long.
I know. Here's hoping they'll get it sorted out quickly.

Original post by a123a
Thanks for posting this. :smile:
Unfortunately it wasn't quite right - see my post earlier - you should be able to pick it up via your 'who quoted me' widget.
Offer from pembroke for natsci is this real life???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional offer for history, Caius
Paradoxical me check your email! :gah:

You're not my mother! :tongue:
Original post by Elcor
The letter's here and my heart is beating like I just ran a marathon.

And.....?
(Good luck!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
thought i seen the postman,
nope just a guy wearing all red.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The post just came

There was no letter

D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*A*A from Caius for medicine :biggrin:

Original post by gnathaniel1
Has anyone added themselves to the cambridge offer holders group 2015?

I just did.
(edited 9 years ago)
I meant contention as in have a chance :lol: Not competition sorry didn't mean it like that

Pretty sure it's just NatSci as a whole though!

:gah:

Haha oops, I'm too stressed and sleep-deprived to think properly :tongue:
Reply 2619
Original post by esr33

oh, so I should email them now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending