My GCSEs weren't up to ""TSRs"" standards but my ALevels were really good.-

AS - AAAA
A2 - A*A*A* (prediction)

GCSEs - AAABBCDE

What's your opinon
(edited 9 years ago)
Solid A-Levels have you recieved offers from other Unis
Reply 2
Does that meet imperials gcse minimum gcse entry requirements, if it does your grades should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I presume you've seen this already, but here you go.

[h="4"]A-levels[/h] All applications that meet the minimum grade requirement of A*AAA or A*A*A will be considered.
Actual offers may vary and the majority of offers are A*A*AAto include:

A* in Mathematics

A* or A in Chemistry

Remaining A-levels in relevant subjects including Physics, Biology, Further Mathematics, and Economics

We also consider GCSE achievements, or their equivalent.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/chemical-engineering-department/chemical-engineering/
Reply 4
My GCSEs werent "TSR standard" either but my AS-A levels where BANG
So imperial gave me an offer last year so you should be fine :smile:
Original post by IntlStudent1
Hi I'm new to this student forum after looking at several posts

I applied 3/2 weeks ago to

Manchester
Imperial
UCL
Kent
Bristol

For Chemical Engineering

My GCSEs weren't up to ""TSRs"" standards but my ALevels were really good.-

AS - AAAA
A2 - A*A*A* (prediction)

GCSEs - AAABBCDE

What's your opinon

I also applied for Chemical Engineering this cycle and we have Imperial and UCL in common! I didn't think Kent and Bristol offered Chemical Engineering (please correct me if I'm wrong) did you apply for something else there?
Generally most Chemical Engineering universities as far as I'm aware don't really hold GCSEs with much importance and mainly look at A-Levels, that being said it is important to be aware of any entry requirements.
I only really know about Imperial's and UCL's thoughts on GCSEs since I've applied to them too. For Imperial, like another user said the ChemEng department stated they consider GCSE achievements but they weren't too specific. I've seen some people on TSR who have less than a Grade B in GCSE English Language be required to sit a proficiency test like IELTS as part of their offer. With UCL I know that they want English Language and Mathematics at Grade C and a Grade C in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) is required. So as long as you have that you should be fine for them.
Out of interest, which subjects do you do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Does Imperial College of London Consider candidates who have done BTEC?
Does imperial college of London accept candidates who have done BTEC.

Quick Reply

Latest