The Student Room Group

When do i start and HOW do i start revising

I want to start by saying i got my mock grades back and the only one i am really interested about is maths. I got a C in my mock but my target grade is an A, i know i am capable to get an A but its just that feeling when i am in that seat it all just feels different, firstly how do i address this so i dont get nervous.
Secondly i want to know how you actually revise and what is best, like what did you do to get the top marks and when did you start i have 5 ish months till the exam so what do i have to do?
Original post by King-s
I want to start by saying i got my mock grades back and the only one i am really interested about is maths. I got a C in my mock but my target grade is an A, i know i am capable to get an A but its just that feeling when i am in that seat it all just feels different, firstly how do i address this so i dont get nervous.
Secondly i want to know how you actually revise and what is best, like what did you do to get the top marks and when did you start i have 5 ish months till the exam so what do i have to do?

Heya, so first of all im not gonna tell you EXACTLY what to do, as I'm going through GCSE's myself - at tthis moment in time I am doing mocks and I'm just gonna tell you what I do for maths.

Maths is a subject that is really hard to revise for, you can't use flash cards, mind-maps etc so all I can really say is PRACTISE. Just keep going over everything and im guessing you're doing the higher paper so you should practise the B-A* grade questions like simultaneous equations and surds - these questions often have 5/6 marks available :smile:

Hope I helped :smile:
does anyone know if u can say before the real exam, that i dont want to sit at the front or the back as im really uncomfortable and i cant work
Original post by PrincessAisha
does anyone know if u can say before the real exam, that i dont want to sit at the front or the back as im really uncomfortable and i cant work

Um, I'm not sure but only last week someone asked to move from the front as the heater was on and it was distracting her and they let her move. I guess it depends on the school and if there's any spare seats :smile:
Original post by ThatGurl
Um, I'm not sure but only last week someone asked to move from the front as the heater was on and it was distracting her and they let her move. I guess it depends on the school and if there's any spare seats :smile:

No, I'm like when u get ur seating plan could u tell me if ur allowed to move or like beforehand
No, I'm like when u get ur seating plan could u tell me if ur allowed to move or like beforehand

I highly doubt it, as you're sat there because ur exam is there - and most schools have more than one exam paper going on at the same time so if you ask to move it could mess up their system - you'll have to ask ur teachers for a definite answer :smile:
I highly doubt it, as you're sat there because ur exam is there - and most schools have more than one exam paper going on at the same time so if you ask to move it could mess up their system - you'll have to ask ur teachers for a definite answer :smile:

Oh thanks for the help, is cuz i can do a exam at the front or the back its so uncomfortable:smile:
Oh thanks for the help, is cuz i can do a exam at the front or the back its so uncomfortable:smile:

Ugh I know how you feel, we have really uncomfortable seats at my school too, i can't concentrate at all lol
Heya, so first of all im not gonna tell you EXACTLY what to do, as I'm going through GCSE's myself - at tthis moment in time I am doing mocks and I'm just gonna tell you what I do for maths.

Maths is a subject that is really hard to revise for, you can't use flash cards, mind-maps etc so all I can really say is PRACTISE. Just keep going over everything and im guessing you're doing the higher paper so you should practise the B-A* grade questions like simultaneous equations and surds - these questions often have 5/6 marks available :smile:

Hope I helped :smile:

This is really true! I'm doing my GCSE's at the moment too, and the only effective way I know to revise Maths is to practise. Also a lot of the time, topics in past papers are the same- just a different scenario, wording and example. Usually filled with the same kind of content. So if you practise pretty much every past paper you can, you're bound to do well! Good luck.:smile: Got my maths mock at the end of this week
Original post by farah1234
This is really true! I'm doing my GCSE's at the moment too, and the only effective way I know to revise Maths is to practise. Also a lot of the time, topics in past papers are the same- just a different scenario, wording and example. Usually filled with the same kind of content. So if you practise pretty much every past paper you can, you're bound to do well! Good luck.:smile: Got my maths mock at the end of this week

I'm kinda scared about maths though - its my weakest subject lol but good luck for your exams :smile:
Math is easiest to revise for.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
Oh, did I mention practice?

Quick Reply

Latest