The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christ's Admissions
You are welcome! Congratulations! Yes, sorry about the signature, it's never parrticulalrly neat but when you have signed 800 letters then it gets even worse.

Well done on your ruse yesterday, you even had me doubting myself for a moment, I was sure I had given you an offer! :smile:

Just wanted to say thanks for your Q&A last year. Very, very helpful. Son has offer from Trinity, HSPS :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I thought one of the interviewers hated me so it was welcomed news!

I was going to hold out a little longer but felt guilty.

Thanks again! :biggrin:

Nope, they liked you and your abilities - hence the offer! Well done and you are welcome!
Original post by jneill
I'd need to get the results for everyone tbf. Tooooo muuuuuch woooork!

Put it this way - if you're in the Top 30 you were >50% likely to get an Offer (and probably better with a number of *pending* results to come).

As the number of posts increases, reclusiveness and nerdness increase and therefore chance of an offer increases.
Original post by JessGrimmel
Omg I think we have offers.

Congratulations!! And congrats to all who have offers, as well as those with offers at other universities. Everyone on this site has been so supportive and friendly :') ..makes being an international applicant much less scary :colondollar:
Original post by Elcor
As the number of posts increases, reclusiveness and nerdness increase and therefore chance of an offer increases.

Says the man with >2.7% of total posts in the thread...
:smile:
Original post by drowninginsound
Woah, I got an offer from Fitz for NatSci but your UMS was higher than mine in some things! I got:

Maths 98%
Further Maths 97.3%
Chemistry 96.6%
Physics 95.6%
Geography 98%

Did you get pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah got pooled but not fished! Well done on the offer; I'm horrifically jealous! :smile: Bio or Phys though?
I got this same exact email from emmanuel yesterday "your application remains of interest to other colleges who will contact you shortly, if they have not already". I have not been asked for re interview? Does this mean I have an offer?!!!!! I have been depressing myself for the past 24 hours hahaha!

Colleges have used different wording, with some differentiating between offers and interviews and other's not. If you haven't heard about an interview then you should be getting an offer in the next few days. Congratulations
Colleges have used different wording, with some differentiating between offers and interviews and other's not. If you haven't heard about an interview then you should be getting an offer in the next few days. Congratulations

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest, I was certain I had no chance now! Thank you so much!!!!!
Most colleges won't provide interview scores for offer holders, the best feedback you can get is the offer letter. You will often find that your DoS/interviewers will discuss the interview with you a bit when you arrive. The actual scre won't help you that much because you don't have others to calibrate it against. Although there is a scale and a rubric for the scale, one inteviewer's 7 might be the same as another's 8.5.

You can, of course, ask, I would wait until February as your Admissions Tutor will be dealing with feedback requests from unsuccessful applicants from now until then. Personally although I give quite detailed feedback I wouldn't give interview scores in feedback to either successful or unsuccessful applicants as I don't think it is particularly helpful.

I see, thank you! I think I'll resist then, as it's nothing more than a curiosity and, as you said, I think the offer letter is enough.
Nope, they liked you and your abilities - hence the offer! Well done and you are welcome!

Ah that makes me happy :smile:
Omg I think we have offers.

I'm scared to believe that, don't want to get my hopes up :s-smilie:
Original post by 08rdiss

I think we do! It makes sense under the new system :biggrin:
I've just had a phone call, I was pooled into Murry Edwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3793

Hi,
Does this not apply to medics? I'm a little confused as to what the situation is as my letter said I'd been pooled and then 'there is as of yet no outcome to your application' but I thought the pool was already finished. Have some colleges not made their decisions or are we in the running for open offers?
Thank you for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SydneyKid
I think we do! It makes sense under the new system :biggrin:

Oh man I do hope you're right
I wonder which colleges we'll end up at
Original post by Danil0u
I've just had a phone call, I was pooled into Murry Edwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! Which subject did you apply for?
Original post by a123a
Hello!

Sorry I don't know if this has been asked to you, but many medics including myself received a letter/email saying they have been placed in the pool and that a decision on their application has not yet been made. It also says we will be contacted ASAP on the outcome of our application. Have people, who received this email, been put in the open offer pooling category or is it that the process of pooling is slightly delayed for pooled medics?

Hello, sorry that you and other medics have been placed in this situation. The Medicine pool has closed, as have all other subjects, but, as Minerva said yesterday, those candidates not picked out by other colleges will be under consideration for an Open offer. There are, however, very few of these so the large majority of these people will, I am afraid, not receive an offer. It hasn't been possible, timing-wise, to hold the Open offer meeting before the posting deadline which has meant that a small number of people have been placed in this unfortunate situation. Hopefully it is something we can ensure doesn't happen in the future and I am sorry that it has had to happen to you and a small number of others.

I don't know when the meeting is (the Vet one was on Friday) but it should be this week and you will know for certain by 19th Jan at the latest.
Original post by Elcor

:hand:

I am no recluse (he says as he sees invite to party and... Declines)
Original post by hippoposthumous
Yeah got pooled but not fished! Well done on the offer; I'm horrifically jealous! :smile: Bio or Phys though?

That's seriously unlucky, though I'm sure you'll be brilliant wherever you end up. :smile: I was Phys, what about you?
Original post by 08rdiss

Me neither :s-smilie: ahhhhh I'm just more anxious now!

Latest

Trending

Trending