The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
Vote jneill for friendliest member and Christ's Admissions for most helpful academic member!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TSRNominees2014

I voted for Christ's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grammar12
Does anybody know how I can get feedback from my College regarding my application? I would prefer if it came back to me, rather than my school. I was winter pooled by Downing but ultimately I wasn't made an offer. I feel tremendously happy that my interviewers thought that I was thought of the quality to be pooled, but a little disappointed I wasn't made an offer.

One thing I have gotten from applying is the realisation that if I'm going to be paying 9k+ per year to go to university, I want it to be Cambridge, I fell in love with everything on various visits and Im seriously considering reapplying next year. Might not be the best place to ask this but does anyone know if it is possible to reapply in the 2015-16 cycle or do I have to take a full gap year before reapplying?

Good luck to everyone who has received offers, commiserations to those who didn't, and the best of luck with the next year, achieving grades and applications to other universities!

Hi, this is exactly what I am thinking of as well
To receive feedback ask your referee to email the college with your permission.

Oh, and you can apply during your gap year, yes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know when the cambrodge statistics page will be updated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Anyone know when the cambrodge statistics page will be updated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 24 April last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't received my decision letter, probably because I am a international applicant. Is there anyone who applied for the Land Economy Program and got in? Also, the wait is killing me.
Original post by maya_fooks
Queens' - its great to finally fing someone else, its such a small course!

Whats your college?

Emmanuel - Oh I know! I can't believe I got an offer because of how small the course is compared to how many people applied:tongue:
God I'm pooping bricks, getting my email from
Clare tomorrow
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah just casually waiting for my rejection
HI! Is there anyone here who got an offer for Land Economy? Specifically for St Catherine's College.
Original post by TVIO
Ahem, I think you'll find Churchill is the best college in Cambridge. Though presumably you just forgot about it because everyone assumes it's best and you mean 2nd best not best :biggrin:

And, to you, welcome to the world of college rivalry! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it already.

Every university needs somewhere like Churchill - gotta keep all the mathmo types out of the way somewhere… :wink: Congrats on your offer :smile:
Reply 3930
Original post by Jantaculum
And, to you, welcome to the world of college rivalry! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it already.

Every university needs somewhere like Churchill - gotta keep all the mathmo types out of the way somewhere… :wink: Congrats on your offer :smile:

hehe I'd argue but we mathematical types are weird. Thanks, I'm shocked about it still.
waiting my rejection tomorrow as well
Original post by firebolt96

Haha same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

we are the miserable internationals :frown:
Original post by julkass

True, hopefully won't be though tomorrow! What course and college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
True, hopefully won't be though tomorrow! What course and college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PBS at Queens' college. What about you?
Original post by julkass
PBS at Queens' college. What about you?

Natsci at St John's :smile: good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Natsci at St John's :smile: good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too! I hope I willl get at least a few hours of sleep..
Original post by julkass
Good luck to you too! I hope I willl get at least a few hours of sleep..

Haha yeah, I got a whole plan set out on how to fall asleep, worked for me yesterday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3939
Original post by firebolt96

Original post by julkass

When I held the letter in my hands I was 100% sure I was rejected. Got an offer from my first choice. Have faith, you WILL get an offer!

Latest

Trending

Trending