The Student Room Group

Top 10 business school or uni in the Uk

Your top 10 business school or uni pleaseeeee just to get some ideas before makin a decision

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Loughborough is my favourite, I'll be firming my offer for there no doubt.
Oxford
Warwick / LSE

- gap -

Bath / Manchester / Nottingham / Bristol
Durham / St Andrews / Edinburgh
Aston / Strathclyde / Glasgow
Reply 3
Original post by Mr. Roxas
Oxford
Warwick / LSE

- gap -

What to yall think about Reading henley business school

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a respected school, but it's reputation is largely confined in graduate programs such as MBA.
Reply 5
It's a respected school, but it's reputation is largely confined in graduate programs such as MBA.

My major is business and management what do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like I said, it's a good program in a good university. But I couldn't say it's a top 10 program in the UK.
The best ones are the ones offered by Oxford, Warwick and LSE. They're the only target unis for top bulge bracket firms (among the top 10 programs in my original list). So, go for any of those 3, if you have the stats. Otherwise, Henley is good, nonetheless.
Oxford
Warwick / LSE

- gap -

Not true.

The top ones are:

1. LBS
2. LSE
3. Cambridge
4. Oxford
5. Warwick
6. Manchester
7. Imperial
8. Cass
9.Cranfield
10. Lancaster
(edited 9 years ago)
The op is obviously just a kid, and he was asking for the undergraduate program. Now tell me if LBS can compete with Warwick for undergrad management program, or if LSE has an MBA program. LoL..
The op is obviously just a kid, and he was asking for the undergraduate program. Now tell me if LBS can compete with Warwick for undergrad management program, or if LSE has an MBA program. LoL..

He asked for the top business schools or universities in very simple English.

So why were you deceiving him that Warwick is on par with LSE?
Original post by LutherVan
He asked for the top business schools or universities in very simple English.

So why were you deceiving him that Warwick is on par with LSE?

Like I said, you're a troll and you don't know what you're talking about. You have no experience applying to and getting admitted at a top school. You have not attended a top school. You don't have any experience working in a top company and all you do is troll on forums.

If the OP was asking for a top business school, why then did you include LSE in your so-called, top 10 list? LSE does not have a business school.

So, shut up or show how wrong I am!
Like I said, you're a troll and you don't know what you're talking about. You have no experience applying to and getting admitted at a top school. You have not attended a top school. You don't have any experience working in a top company and all you do is troll on forums.

Oh, I see!

The easy way out when you cannot defend your statement.:rolleyes:

"Attack and call him a troll".:colondollar:

If the OP was asking for a top business school, why then did you include LSE in your so-called, top 10 list? LSE does not have a business school.

So, shut up or show how wrong I am!

Maybe if you could read after attending your "top" university (Warwick), you would have observed he asked for a ranking of top business schools OR universities.

Considering Warwick students tend to boast about how good their university is in quantitative subjects, then one would have assumed that you would understand the meaning and implication of "or" in a statment as it is frequently used in quantitative subjects like statistics.

Now, since you do not understand this, I will explain.

He asked for people to list either (a) the top business schools or (b) the top universities for business subjects, and then conduct some form of ranking of these top lists to generate a Top 10 by concatenation.

By the way, this would involve some level of (if Warwick taught you anything) qualitative review and analysis, not summing up an average some league table you saw (considering that is an approach you frequently propagate).

Back to the essential point, Warwick is not in the league of LSE for business subjects. It is a good business courses provider though. That assertion is not trolling, that is a qualitative fact!
(edited 9 years ago)
How would you guys rank these unis for Business Management?:
Bath, Warwick, KCL, Nottingham, Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Warwick
2. Manchester
3. Bath
4. Nottingham
5. KCL
Original post by milkberries

Posted from TSR Mobile

The above ranking is a response to your specific question. But if you are interested in prestige, then it is:

1. KCL
2. Warwick
3. Manchester
4. Nottingham
5. Bath
The above ranking is a response to your specific question. But if you are interested in prestige, then it is:

1. KCL
2. Warwick
3. Manchester
4. Nottingham
5. Bath

King's College is more prestigious than Warwick for business and management??? lol...

King's is not a target for top bulge bracket firms whilst Warwick is. King's students are inferior to Warwick students, on average, both for management/business/econ and related programs - and - for university, as a whole.

So, this clown Luther Van claiming that King's is more prestigious than Warwick for this area is very laughable.
Oh, I see!

The easy way out when you cannot defend your statement.:rolleyes:

"Attack and call him a troll".:colondollar:

I have been giving out numerous reasons why. You have not been listening to any of them. You keep ignoring what people tell you. You are constantly parading King' despite its low popularity and prestige compared to the real top institutions. And, that makes me want to qualify you.

Since you've been giving out advice on here, introduce yourself properly to this forum and to the forum-ers. Who you are and what have you accomplished in the real world so far -- would be a good guide in making an introduction. For all we care, you're just a no-body who have not attended a top school, no solid education whatsoever, have no work experience and all you do is troll on forums.

Maybe if you could read after attending your "top" university (Warwick), you would observed he asked for a ranking of top business schools OR universities.

It's obvious then that you have not been reading our conversation and you know nothing about the topic.
I suggest you to familiarize with the unis offering business and / or management in the UK, both for undergrad and grad levels. Know which unis are strong on which education level. You know nothing of those -- it's obvious as you cannot follow a conversation about such topics. But that's understandable given that you did not attend in one of the top unis. You have not been employed in banks/firms where top grads go after leaving university. Therefore, what you say bears nothing on the topic and subject. You are just trolling, and your existence on this forum is to promote King's College, which is a really low undertaking.
(edited 9 years ago)
Oxford
Warwick / LSE

- gap -

For those lurkers who, like LutherVan, who know very little about this subject matter, this is the generally accepted ranking for business/management for undergrad education in the UK.

For graduate level, you'd have this, more or less:

LBS
Said, Judge
Warwick, Imperial, Cranfield, Manchester

Edinburgh, Cass
Strathclyde, Lancaster, Durham, Bradford, Aston, Henley, Ashridge, Birmingham

I may have missed a couple or more universities here, but I'm pretty sure King's isn't one of the names I missed out.

King's has no prestige whatsoever in this area. But, of course, if you're Luther Van, he'd insist that King's must be number one! lol...
(edited 9 years ago)
King's College is more prestigious than Warwick for business and management??? lol...

King's is not a target for top bulge bracket firms whilst Warwick is. King's students are inferior to Warwick students, on average, both for management/business/econ and related programs - and - for university, as a whole.

So, this clown Luther Van claiming that King's is more prestigious than Warwick for this area is very laughable.

As I advised you here earlier:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=27&p=52945683#post52945683

You need to stop laughing because you end up being the one looking like a clown.

Go up and read my posts again and see how the laugh is on you.:biggrin:
I have been giving out numerous reasons why. You have not been listening to any of them. You keep ignoring what people tell you. You are constantly parading King' despite its low popularity and prestige compared to the real top institutions. And, that makes me want to qualify you.

Since you've been giving out advice on here, introduce yourself properly to this forum and to the forum-ers. Who you are and what have you accomplished in the real world so far -- would be a good guide in making an introduction. For all we care, you're just a no-body who have not attended a top school, no solid education whatsoever, have no work experience and all you do is troll on forums.

Luckily, I just educated you on what prestige is some few minutes ago here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=28&p=52971999#post52971999

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=26&p=52898655#post52898655

Focus on the facts, don't look for avenues for personal attacks.

It's obvious then that you have not been reading our conversation and you know nothing about the topic.
I suggest you to familiarize with the unis offering business and / or management in the UK, both for undergrad and grad levels. Know which unis are strong on which education level. You know nothing of those -- it's obvious as you cannot follow a conversation about such topics. But that's understandable given that you did not attend in one of the top unis. You have not been employed in banks/firms where top grads go after leaving university. Therefore, what you say bears nothing on the topic and subject. You are just trolling, and your existence on this forum is to promote King's College, which is a really low undertaking.

Clown, when you go back up to read my posts, you would see how silly you look with you accusing someone of not reading conversations.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You are just desperate to lie that Warwick is great.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending