The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

First exam tomorrow: dynamical systems at 2pm. I'm feeling okay for it; I think it's the best exam to have first to warm me up for the others.

I hope everyones exams have are going well. If not, I hope the grade boundaries/scaling is in your favour!
So essay one is sent off and out the way. Started my reading for essay 3 and bullet pointed the points to make but need to do more reading to support my argument. Need to finish essay 2 tonight ideally but drained atm.
Does anyone else have all their exams in the summer? Trying to work out how to balance revising last term's work and keeping up with this term's. Doesn't help that I've had 4 weeks off for Christmas and only done about five days revision during that. ehhhh.
Original post by LeaX
Does anyone else have all their exams in the summer? Trying to work out how to balance revising last term's work and keeping up with this term's. Doesn't help that I've had 4 weeks off for Christmas and only done about five days revision during that. ehhhh.

I do- will have 6 :redface:
Original post by rkhan57
Anyone have law exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've got evidence, medical and family coming up from next week. What exams have you got?
Original post by LeaX

Mm well I would prioritise keeping up with the current term as it's harder to go through stuff if you leave it for weeks. Depending how much from last term there is to go through, do x amount a week?

Look at past papers and prioritise though, cause when there's so much to be examined on you can be picky to some extent.

I've been working all Christmas bar 5 days or so and I don't feel any wiser for it.. how is this possible?
Original post by LeaX

I do. I'm not revising my work from last term throughout this term. It's rarely focused and I'd rather not waste my time with it if I'm not going to make a good effort in it.
Gradually coming to the realisation that my pathetic work ethic isn't going to be enough to get my into graduate-entry medicine, I need to sort myself out and FAST!
Being hit by waves of blissful ignorance believing that even if I stop revising now, I'll do fine in tomorrow's exam. These waves are mixed in with dreadful thoughts of how I could revise for the next 24 hours and still not know anything. My boyfriend has been helping me revise and he reassures me I know more than I think, but if I can't answer the questions I'm given then that's not very helpful!
Original post by lilGem
I do- will have 6 :redface:

I'm going to have 11. :frown:

Original post by WhamBamJam.
Mm well I would prioritise keeping up with the current term as it's harder to go through stuff if you leave it for weeks. Depending how much from last term there is to go through, do x amount a week?

Look at past papers and prioritise though, cause when there's so much to be examined on you can be picky to some extent.

I've been working all Christmas bar 5 days or so and I don't feel any wiser for it.. how is this possible?

I'm really regretting not doing more over Christmas. My notes are all organised though it's just the actual revision which I need to begin. :frown:

Original post by chickenonsteroids
I do. I'm not revising my work from last term throughout this term. It's rarely focused and I'd rather not waste my time with it if I'm not going to make a good effort in it.

So are you going to begin revision at Easter? I might dedicate a couple of days a week to revising last term, but we'll see as I'm sure there'll be lab reports and assignments piling up soon.
Original post by LeaX

That is horrendous. :eek:
Original post by rayquaza17
That is horrendous. :eek:

I know :frown: luckily one is open book statistics which should be fairly straight forward but for six of them the exams are worth 100% :s-smilie:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Google guy has just messaged me after a good two months! ****! :erm:
Original post by LeaX

I'm really regretting not doing more over Christmas. My notes are all organised though it's just the actual revision which I need to begin. :frown:

So are you going to begin revision at Easter? I might dedicate a couple of days a week to revising last term, but we'll see as I'm sure there'll be lab reports and assignments piling up soon.

Hey stop worrying! You have plenty of time and there's nothing wrong with having a break - you deserve it. I never start actual revision revision until a few days before the exam.. up until that point I'm just understanding and making notes.. then eventually drill it into my head.

If you're organised and you understand it all then you'll be fine as that's the hardest bit.

As you say just learn little and often throughout the next few months and you'll have less work to do come summer exams.

You can do it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Submitted essay no2 earlier, now need to read/write essay no3 by 3pm on Thursday. I'm exhausted :frown:
Original post by WhamBamJam.
Hey stop worrying! You have plenty of time and there's nothing wrong with having a break - you deserve it. I never start actual revision revision until a few days before the exam.. up until that point I'm just understanding and making notes.. then eventually drill it into my head.

If you're organised and you understand it all then you'll be fine as that's the hardest bit.

As you say just learn little and often throughout the next few months and you'll have less work to do come summer exams.

You can do it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, this really calmed me down. :smile:
Original post by Slowbro93
Google guy has just messaged me after a good two months! ****! :erm:

Wat. :lolwut: What did he say? So odd.
Handed in my 2 essays on Monday there, all in before deadline. Happy enough with the first one, the second one is pretty rubbish but at least it's in. Should do okay :erm:

Was out last night, now going out tonight. And out tomorrow night... and Friday and Sunday night. I'm gonna die :lol:
First exam tomorrow, let it begin!
Original post by snailsareslimy
Wat. :lolwut: What did he say? So odd.

Was like Hey, how's it going? Happy new year! I think I'm in shock more then anything and don't know whether I should ignore it or not ...

(for various of reasons I don't use google Hangout so when I heard the noise I was so thrown off!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending