The Student Room Group

Would you like to live till 160?

Just a thought that popped into my mind. The obvious answer would be yes, but I don't know... What can you really do at 160 years old?

Would you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

It depends how ill I am, from my current lifestyle I can predict a crippling existence at that age and so I may have to decline such an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I want to live forever
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
No, I want to live forever

I don't think I'll like living forever. You can't ever love someone because one day they will day but you will live on. You will have kids knowing that you would outlive them and that would be so hard when you go to their funeral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
I don't think I'll like living forever. You can't ever love someone because one day they will day but you will live on. You will have kids knowing that you would outlive them and that would be so hard when you go to their funeral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want them to live forever too :wink:

I have thanatophobia (fear of death)
Original post by maxi365

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be happy not to have kids if it meant I could live forever (or at least as long as I want) in good health.
Reply 6
Good question, i think yes
Reply 7
Original post by Chlorophile
I'd be happy not to have kids if it meant I could live forever (or at least as long as I want) in good health.

But realistically, if you live forever you would (generally) go to school/college/uni until 21. Then you would work until 60. Now with the money you accumulated from working, that would last you until you're about 90-100 depending on lifestyle, and then you would be on benefits (probably also in a care home) for the rest of your life. Would you still want to live forever?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah I wouldnt.

Couldnt bear seeing my fam die, while I live alone decades later watching **** tv shows from the future.
Original post by maxi365
But realistically, if you live forever you would (generally) go to school/college/uni until 21. Then you would work until 60. Now with the money you accumulated from working, that would last you until you're about 90-100 depending on lifestyle, and then you would be on benefits (probably also in a care home) for the rest of your life. Would you still want to live forever?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I said, only as long as I'd be in good health. Obviously I don't want to be in a care home at all.
im not too keen on living past the age of say 70
Not in a million years, unless I had the same physical condition of at least some middle aged.

Once it gets to the care home stage, I'm good.
160? Pffft, if you said 161 THEN I might consider it.
Reply 13
Original post by H.Ibrahim
160? Pffft, if you said 161 THEN I might consider it.

Lol the number just randomly came into my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, if the ageing process slowed down
Oh good lord no
If I could be the oldest person who ever lived, then yes. I quite like the idea of being in the record books for something like that.
Only if I could still look like and have the energy of what I would have at around 50. 50 isn't too old and you still have energy then so I would be happy to continue like that. Asking to look and act like a 20 yr old while 160 would be too much to ask :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on my health but probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. It would be heartbreaking to keep seeing family members and friends die. Just that constant cycle of the younger generations living and dying whilst you remain. It would be awful.

Quick Reply

Latest