The Student Room Group

Student house bills

Hi so me and my friends are getting a 3 bedroom house/flat for our second year and our maximum budget per week was £150. I’ve found a couple houses which are £150/£160 but don’t include bills, and I’ve found two houses which are £180 pppw but include all bills. I’m not sure how much bills would work out on average pppw, but would it be wiser to go for the £180 as we would know the set price we would be paying each month?
Original post by km0294819
Hi so me and my friends are getting a 3 bedroom house/flat for our second year and our maximum budget per week was £150. I’ve found a couple houses which are £150/£160 but don’t include bills, and I’ve found two houses which are £180 pppw but include all bills. I’m not sure how much bills would work out on average pppw, but would it be wiser to go for the £180 as we would know the set price we would be paying each month?

Hello!
In Lancaster on my contract each person has a set allowance (£15-16 pw) and this adds up for the number of people staying in the house, this is how I've found all my friends houses to be as well. I would suggest getting a contract that includes bills as you may end up spending more than the difference of not paying bills if you don't.

Hope this is helpful,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
My bills (for a student house in Oxford) are around £65 per person per month (so around £16-£17 a week). That’s probably about what you could expect, depending on the city you live in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending