The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by jchap9776
It's gonna happen! Waiting for lse is soo long, when do you think the next batch of offers will be?

I'm hoping it's this Weekend. Last friday they sent out a batch of rejections. I know that LSE like to do the one week rejection one week acceptance thing. The politics and economics department definitely sent out rejections last week because a couple of friends got rejected for PPE.

As the 15th UCAS deadline will have passed, I hope they get to reviewing and reply to applications this Friday itself.

(Government and Econ applicant myself, 2 weeks into the 4 week email)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by avar
I'm hoping it's this Weekend. Last friday they sent out a batch of rejections. I know that LSE like to do the one week rejection one week acceptance thing. The politics and economics department definitely sent out rejections last week because a couple of friends got rejected for PPE.

As the 15th UCAS deadline will have passed, I hope they get to reviewing and reply to applications this Friday itself.

Oooh exciting!! Best of luck! 😁😁
Anyone know if your going to get rejected whether they wait until the end of the 8 week email??
Original post by avar

How do you know they like to do the one week rejection one week acceptance thing?
Reply 2184
Original post by mariamgy
How do you know they like to do the one week rejection one week acceptance thing?

Well Student-room legend has it that LSE do offer weeks and rejection weeks. Having been on this thread since October, the pattern of decisions seem to corroborate this pretty well. Of course, I may be completely wrong, and they may send out more rejections next week, given how unclear LSE have been over the admissions process.
Reply 2185
Original post by Mariusk03
Having followed this thread for a long time the pattern to me seems to be that they send offers out on thursdays and rejections on fridays.. There have been exceptions to this but every thursday so far I've seen at least 3-4 people say that they received offers..

The Friday thing is definitely a pattern, but I tend to see a bunch of rejections one week, and then a bunch of offers the next - I don't think they send out offers and rejections in the same week. Of course this is specific to each department - it could be law rejections and economics offers in the same week.
Reply 2186
Original post by Mariusk03
Definitely sounds something I could see LSE doing.. May I ask what course you are applying for?

Government and Economics, you?
Original post by avar
Well Student-room legend has it that LSE do offer weeks and rejection weeks. Having been on this thread since October, the pattern of decisions seem to corroborate this pretty well. Of course, I may be completely wrong, and they may send out more rejections next week, given how unclear LSE have been over the admissions process.

Oh I see, I was just wondering because I had a friend who also informed me of the same fact earlier. Thank you!
Original post by ak2015
I didn't apply to the same course as you, but I also sent my application on the 14th of October and haven't heard back yet! My 8 weeks ended last Friday but I didn't receive a 4 week email, did you get one? Good luck :smile:

Yeah I've had a number of different timescales given to me by emails, surely can't be too much longer now...
Original post by Cholesta
My son got his offer at end of Oct. strange😊

Your son probably very exceptional in his application. Congratulations.
Original post by Cholesta
My son got his offer at end of Oct. strange������

show off doeeee
This thread is rife with subtlety :tongue:
Original post by Logolept
show off doeeee

He just applied early and met the criteria. Luck I suppose.😀
Who else here is crossing fingers that offers for early applicants will be sent today because its the 15th of January? :rolleyes:
Econ history anyone? I applied quite late..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
It's gonna happen! Waiting for lse is soo long, when do you think the next batch of offers will be?

What are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gerry_m
What are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9a* 2a at GCSE, 4 A's at AS Level (UMS: maths 300/300 further maths 277/300 history 188/200 economics 192/200) predicted 4a*s at A Level :smile: wbu man?
Original post by lildchic
Does anyone have an econ history offer or know anyone that has one?

I've received a conditional offer to the MSc Economic History. Not sure if you were asking under or postgraduate. I did send my application very early though, as soon as it opened.
I applied to lse in october and haven't heard anything from them except for the 8 week email. Should I consider this an actual rejection or do I still have a chance of receiving an offer? Let's just be realistic, am I out?
Original post by Kalleblomk
I applied to lse in october and haven't heard anything from them except for the 8 week email. Should I consider this an actual rejection or do I still have a chance of receiving an offer? Let's just be realistic, am I out?

I think the speed of their reply depends on a lot of things, including the course. I wouldn't take any conclusions until you get an actual reply. It might just be taking a while, so (try to) relax!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending