The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m.prabar
I'm sure Cambridge is not trolling you and I do hope that the admissions office deals with international applicants' emails first, and then updates your UCAS... I don't mean to be mean, just a bit annoyed after such a long wait :frown:

What did you get an offer for?

NatSci XD
Original post by AndyChow
My fault for not wording right, i think they just want to meet you in person to see if you are up to standard as mentioned on personal statement/reference. I feel as long as you didn't mentally breakdown and answered a reasonable amount of questions then you don't have to do exceptionally amazing at interview to receive an offer, given that UMS are good.

Well no. People with 99% don't always get in after interview. I've seen data with people on v high UMS getting "lower" (<7) scores and not getting offers.

Also many people think they had a bad interview but actually do well.

You did well at interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
NatSci XD

Congrats :wink:
Original post by jneill
Well no. People with 99% don't always get in after interview. I've seen data with people on v high UMS getting "lower" (<7) scores and not getting offers.

Also many people think they had a bad interview but actually do well.

You did well at interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for my comments I guess I'm wrong. By my most honesty my first interview was utter rubbish. They asked me what cancer cells look like (easy question?) I couldn't say a thing. Then they showed me a bucket of mussels I don't know at that time they're called mussels. They have to give me hint for most questions. They'd kept hinting me "are you sure?" like those quiz shows
Original post by m.prabar
Congrats :wink:

Are you waiting for corpus decisions as well? I guess corpus is the only college that doesn't give updates(hope they don't withdraw my offer when they see this:colondollar:)

I guess international student is treated the same as UK ones since I'm in some painful waiting as well. No worries I now think we'd eventually get it it could be the admissions tutor is off ill/holiday
Are you waiting for corpus decisions as well? I guess corpus is the only college that doesn't give updates(hope they don't withdraw my offer when they see this:colondollar:)

I guess international student is treated the same as UK ones since I'm in some painful waiting as well. No worries I now think we'd eventually get it it could be the admissions tutor is off ill/holiday

Yess, I'm waiting for any message from them, I applied for medicine.

Well you've got a letter with your name in it, so you do know their decision - I know nothing about the outcome of my application. If I were you, I'd just celebrate and not wait for the UCAS, really :biggrin:
Hello everyone! For those of you waiting for emails from Robinson, I emailed another contact I had there because I was sitting on the edge of my seat and wanted to know what's going on. Turns out the person meant to send emails to internationals is sick. They're got someone else on the job but it may take a little more time.

At least things are coming!!
Reply 4807
Has anyone applying for corpus christi received their UCAS offers?
I got my offer letter on Saturday but still nothing on my UCAS yet, most classmates applying for other colleges already got UCAS updates I wonder is Cambridge trolling me?

Just a personal anecdote for people still waiting offers: I feel I did poorly on my interview only answering 50% of questions, I was in deep sadness for a good fortnight meanwhile some other kid in my school is showing off how easy he find the interview questions and 90% sure he'd get in. In the end this guy got straight rejection.

I feel that the interview does not matter too much for decision making I think it's my 99% UMS carried me through.

I didn't even receive the letter yet. :frown: But no Ucas update either.
Track updated!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Track updated!

For which college?
Reply 4810
Original post by physicsmaths
If I got an offer but a subject was not needed in my offer do I still have to do it?

Original post by physicsmaths
Do i need to inform them?

Original post by aersh8
Technically you can sit the exam and fail it. If you decide to not sit the exam at all you have to inform them and UCAS and all your universities will have the right to change their decision.

Correct :smile:
Did any Access students get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Avernus
For which college?

Christ's - mine has updated too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harryg_95
Christ's - mine has updated too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any medics with open offers on here? Has your ucas updated/have you received your conditions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4814
Corpus updated ucas as well
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Any medics with open offers on here? Has your ucas updated/have you received your conditions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they've started giving out the open offers for medics yet, they have yet to have the meeting I think.
Just wondering, has anyone been offered places from the pool for medicine yet?
Original post by The_Top_Hat
I don't think they've started giving out the open offers for medics yet, they have yet to have the meeting I think.

Oh , ok
Good luck guys!! :smile:
So, yeah, today track updated but I haven't received emails from neither Cambridge nor Track. And I don't have any letters in the post yet. Track says that my application was unsuccessful, and I have no idea if I was pooled or not. I guess I will find out.
I applied to Clare for physical NatSci.
Contrats to everyone who got an offer and have a great time at this amazing place! ^_^
Got an offer from Girton!

Latest

Trending

Trending