The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Halls help !!!

Hi there,
I have recieved an offer from reading for real estate,
Reading will be my firmed choice but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend the best halls, I'm looking for a self caterd en-suite and I like the look of bridges halls because there new ! And have 4ft beds 😊 but on the map it looked quite far from the 'hub' I.e. Childs etc.
Where would be best for the social and nightlife pre's etc...,
Any advice will be greatly recieved thankyou !!
Original post by claud19
Hi there,
Reading will be my firmed choice but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend the best halls, I'm looking for a self caterd en-suite and I like the look of bridges halls because there new ! And have 4ft beds but on the map it looked quite far from the 'hub' I.e. Childs etc.

Hi, i've applied to do real estate at reading too and just wondered what your offer was? :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claud19
Hi there,
Reading will be my firmed choice but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend the best halls, I'm looking for a self caterd en-suite and I like the look of bridges halls because there new ! And have 4ft beds 😊 but on the map it looked quite far from the 'hub' I.e. Childs etc.

I am in bridges now and it's not as bad as it looks on the map, takes me 10-15 maximum to get to my lectures.

nightlife doesn't matter too much on the Halls, although different halls 'JCR' teams put in varied effort on events.
Reply 3
Original post by 6thformer2013
Hi, i've applied to do real estate at reading too and just wondered what your offer was? :smile:

I am on a BTEC Extended Level 3, and i need straight distinction which is equivalent to 3A's at a level :smile: wbu ? you decided on halls ??
Reply 4
Original post by ljb.95
I am in bridges now and it's not as bad as it looks on the map, takes me 10-15 maximum to get to my lectures.

nightlife doesn't matter too much on the Halls, although different halls 'JCR' teams put in varied effort on events.

Ohhh okay thankyou !! Bridges do look good, and the nightlife over there is still good you say :smile: i might apply to go into there then haha or childs :s-smilie: that looks nice too !!
Original post by claud19
I am on a BTEC Extended Level 3, and i need straight distinction which is equivalent to 3A's at a level :smile: wbu ? you decided on halls ??

My offer was AAB but haven't chosen my firm or insurance yet as I've still got an interview with oxford Brooke's :smile:
Reply 6
My offer was AAB but haven't chosen my firm or insurance yet as I've still got an interview with oxford Brooke's :smile:

Ohhh i have an interview with Brooks on Thursday 29th when's yours ?
Original post by claud19
Ohhh i have an interview with Brooks on Thursday 29th when's yours ?

Thats when mine is to! I'm soo nervous haha :smile:
Reply 8
Thats when mine is to! I'm soo nervous haha :smile:

At the open day they said that the interview day is basically just to see if your good at talking and working in a team, if you get an interview day your more than likely to get offered a place, so i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by claud19
Hi there,
Reading will be my firmed choice but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend the best halls, I'm looking for a self caterd en-suite and I like the look of bridges halls because there new ! And have 4ft beds ������ but on the map it looked quite far from the 'hub' I.e. Childs etc.

Hello!

Glad to hear that Reading will be your firm choice!

As for self catered en suite halls, the halls are generally in very good condition and are well maintained. Most of self catered en suite halls within Park Group are only a few years old so they still look modern and brand new. Bridges is on the other side of the lake but it doesn't take long to get to the main quad area on campus. Although there isn't a bar at Bridges Hall, there is one in Wessex hall which is near it where you can go. Park Group would be a good choice as there are so many halls that are close together in that area.

Wherever you go, lots of events will be organised by the JCR team of the hall you live in, including a spring formal at the end of year which is a really nice event with a nice dinner in a manor somewhere with an after party.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any more questions,
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending