The Student Room Group

Graduate job prospects at '10 year high'

Scroll to see replies

What a load of *******s.
Reply 21
Original post by Tom_Ford
What a load of *******s.

How did you fine the grad job market in 08/09?
Original post by TheSilentBang
I'm graduating after a four year course this summer coming. I've got two offers, one from where I completed a placement another from a big company down south. I've got invites to final interviews at another big company and a start-up firm both in London still to complete. I'm at a non top 20 university and I've had final interviews at investment banks and another large company too. All software engineering related.

It can't be that hard at the minute?

Name?
Original post by Quady
How did you fine the grad job market in 08/09?

It was even worse, my brother was a graduate back then. It's like comparing which one is more awful, it is still bloody awful today. Especially for a minority in the north.
Reply 24
It was even worse, my brother was a graduate back then. It's like comparing which one is more awful, it is still bloody awful today. Especially for a minority in the north.

Perhaps not BS then.

Yeah? My grad role was in Warrington.
Original post by Quady
Perhaps not BS then.

Yeah? My grad role was in Warrington.

What does that prove?
Reply 26
What does that prove?

Nothing, just you think I'm special which is nice :smile:

I was more interested in whether you had any evidence that grad employment prospects of northerners were worse. It'd be interesting reading.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Quady
Nothing, just you think I'm special which is nice :smile:

I was more interested in whether you had any evidence that grad employment prospects of northerners were worse. It'd be interesting reading.

Minorities have it harder in the north. I don't have any academic concrete evidence, I have only what I have seen others experience and experiences from myself as my guide. It's my perception and my world, I am not interested in whether it is academic fact or not.
Original post by Juichiro
Name?

I'd prefer not to say, but lets just say it's not 20-30 either it's way up there. Mainly due to the region I from and my choice to stay local. :tongue:
Original post by TheSilentBang
I'd prefer not to say, but lets just say it's not 20-30 either it's way up there. Mainly due to the region I from and my choice to stay local. :tongue:

Please, PM me the name. I won't reveal it to anyone. I am really interested in your case.
Reply 30
Please, PM me the name. I won't reveal it to anyone. I am really interested in your case.

What difference does it make if they say Reading or Sussex, UAE or Leeds Met...?
Minorities have it harder in the north. I don't have any academic concrete evidence, I have only what I have seen others experience and experiences from myself as my guide. It's my perception and my world, I am not interested in whether it is academic fact or not.

Elaborate?
Elaborate?

Racist **** employers imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending