The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muhaha_6
Hi guys, I only recently got my offer and I was wondering if I had to apply for accommodation now?

I don't know if this is my firm (I'm still waiting to hear from 2 other unis)

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! What course did you apply for? In terms of accommodation, you can apply anytime by a certain date in august I think.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Muhaha_6
Hi guys, I only recently got my offer and I was wondering if I had to apply for accommodation now?

I don't know if this is my firm (I'm still waiting to hear from 2 other unis)

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to but its better to apply early in case you do decide to go there, and you can edit your application of you change your mind :smile:
It would be better for you to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. Manchester does not have to be your firm choice uni for you to be able to apply, and accommodation is of high demand at the moment. Hope this helped :biggrin:
Original post by AMF97
Thanks a lot :smile: Which one do u prefer ?

Well I go to Manchester uni so, i applied to Sheffield too but for my course Manchester was better for me.
Original post by Schrode
Congrats! What course did you apply for? In terms of accommodation, you can apply anytime by a certain date in august I think.

Thanks! I applied for Medicine :smile:

Original post by jamez870
You don't have to but its better to apply early in case you do decide to go there, and you can edit your application of you change your mind :smile:

Original post by Aquatix96
It would be better for you to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. Manchester does not have to be your firm choice uni for you to be able to apply, and accommodation is of high demand at the moment. Hope this helped :biggrin:

Ohh okay, thanks guys!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just created my My Manchester account and confirmed my attendance! It's all real now!
Original post by Coffeetime
I just created my My Manchester account and confirmed my attendance! It's all real now!

For what course? :awesome:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
For what course? :awesome:

Ancient History!
Original post by Coffeetime
Ancient History!

Congratulations!

I've got an interview for Manchester in Feb and I'm bricking it :cry2:
Congratulations!

I've got an interview for Manchester in Feb and I'm bricking it :cry2:

Don't worry about it my interview was really informal and I actually really enjoyed it, I'm sure yours will be the same! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Don't worry about it my interview was really informal and I actually really enjoyed it, I'm sure yours will be the same! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just because of your username I'm assuming physics? :smile: I applied for phys with study in europe

Posted from TSR Mobile
just because of your username I'm assuming physics? :smile: I applied for phys with study in europe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good guess :ninja: Oh nice! Grats on the offer :ahee:

So it was fairly formal then? That's good to hear :smile:

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Good guess :ninja: Oh nice! Grats on the offer :ahee:

So it was fairly formal then? That's good to hear :smile:

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
It was basically "why do you want to study physics" then they asked about my EPQ and we did a few maths questions :smile: no probs !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! :smile:
It was basically "why do you want to study physics" then they asked about my EPQ and we did a few maths questions :smile: no probs !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok was it pure maths questions or physics maths questions? If it's the former I'm worried :laugh:

On my gap year and I've forgotten all maths :erm:
Oh ok was it pure maths questions or physics maths questions? If it's the former I'm worried :laugh:

On my gap year and I've forgotten all maths :erm:

Well it was pure maths but it was only because I started talking about Gauss, you basically get to lead the interview if you're confident and they pick up on what you say so for example I said Gauss was my favourite mathematician so then the normal distribution came up and that was the formula we worked on :smile:
I feel like if I hadn't had brought that up she could have asked me anything else so talk about stuff you like & feel confident with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it was pure maths but it was only because I started talking about Gauss, you basically get to lead the interview if you're confident and they pick up on what you say so for example I said Gauss was my favourite mathematician so then the normal distribution came up and that was the formula we worked on :smile:
I feel like if I hadn't had brought that up she could have asked me anything else so talk about stuff you like & feel confident with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's a relief! Thanks for the info :h:
Oh that's a relief! Thanks for the info :h:

No problem best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what time the applicant days start? I have one for lit and linguistics on the 18th but i can only get there for 9:40am.
Got a conditional offer last week for Sociology and Criminology at UoM! It was my top choice so I'm super excited and definitely firming it. Just wanted to see if anyone else applied to the same/a similar course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending