The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeaX
I am pro-benefits

It's a shame that this has to be a controversial opinion. People forget that it's not only lazy parasites that claim benefits.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
so do you think somebody who views homosexuality as unnatural should be prosecuted or banned from expressing that particular view?

Yep!
If you looked into the history of many of these countries you class as "stains" you'd discover that the "superior" values of the West have lead to such "stains" such as in Iraq, by firstly supporting a dictator, then illegally going in and taking him out, causing civil war, anger, which has ultimatley lead to what it has today. Sudan's failure as a state has also been due to colonialism, both from the west and the arab world. These countries don't need "invading", they need "rebuilding". A coup will solve nothing as we have seen time and time again from history.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I know this is completely irrelevant to the thread, but do you think leaving the Middle East alone would deprive terrorists of excuses to attack us and make them less attractive to potential recruits?
Original post by flibber
Dear Sir/Madam:

I know this is completely irrelevant to the thread, but do you think leaving the Middle East alone would deprive terrorists of excuses to attack us and make them less attractive to potential recruits?

I think we should arm those fighting the terrorists in the middle east, such as the peshmerga. Not our war. You'd realise they want to attack the West because the West has attacked them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
sorry I don't follow?

Just funny to see thatnwhen you complain about so msntpy inadequacues...
I think we should arm those fighting the terrorists in the middle east, such as the peshmerga. Not our war. Maybe if your iq was above room temperature you'd realise they want to attack the West because the West has attacked them.

Thank you for your response, but please do not insult me like that.
Original post by stoltguyboo
Yep!

so freedom of expression that meets yourbviews..ok.
Reply 327
-We need a one child policy, or if it was my way, we'd ban having children for the next few years. There are too many people on earth as it is. And people having kid after kid sickens me.

-Hitler was a good leader.
Obviously this is only based on what I've read/heard; there's so many lies it's hard to know whats true. But he was a good leader, and it's a shame his name is only mentioned in disgust.

-I'd like to see certain sexual laws lifted.

-We should let the suicidal get on with it.
Original post by hamix.forllz
so freedom of expression that meets yourbviews..ok.

how's that funny at all, it makes perfect sense that I should be riled up if I believe that my perceived inadequacies are entirely my own fault.
Original post by flibber
Thank you for your response, but please do not insult me like that.

Apologies.
Original post by natar
-We need a one child policy, or if it was my way, we'd ban having children for the next few years. There are too many people on earth as it is. And people having kid after kid sickens me.

-Hitler was a good leader.
Obviously this is only based on what I've read/heard; there's so many lies it's hard to know whats true. But he was a good leader, and it's a shame his name is only mentioned in disgust.

-I'd like to see certain sexual laws lifted.

id agree hitler had some virtuous points. And suicide isnt illegal here...
Original post by Blind Ferret
I'm empathetic towards most things, but I can't stand fat people complaining about being fat. I view being fat as a lack of self control. You need to be able to manage your impulses, if not then you should at least take responsibility for them. Instead of looking for excuses.

That obese American actor, I think she was in Precious, goes on all the time about being happy with herself and her weight. That's perfectly fine, for her. If she's happy, then good. She shouldn't be shown as an example of self-acceptance though. Being that way isn't good, most people couldn't do that mentally.

Being obese isn't fine. It's a physiological and mental red flag.

(I'm on about being obese, not just overweight)

I completely agree with this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stoltguyboo
Yep!

But that's limiting freedom of speech. It is not inciting hatred (which is the limit to freedom of speech) towards homosexuals by holding the view it is unnatural.
Reply 333
id agree hitler had some virtuous points. And suicide isnt illegal here...

I mean we should stop babying people who wish to, and allow assisted suicide.
Black people who comolaun about slavery or are racist in kind should get out if the ciuntry, or get overbthe fact their ancestors were slaves.
I have strong views on animal rights and the treatment of battery hens, particularly. I think people are far too ignorant to understand the real cost of bringing them KFC and macdonalds, which they scoff without consideration for the life lost in such a harsh manner. Which leads on to my point- I don't think overweight/obese people should be offered free gastric band surgery and people claiming to be psychologically affected by their nose shape/ small breasts/ ears etc should not be allowed free cosmetic surgery. It doesn't get to the root of their problem, it wastes money which could be spent advancing research. Also, many times this is an easier way of achieving a vain goal which they can't afford for themselves :frown:
Original post by natar

If that's your philosophy, let's let those with cancer get on with it and die already.
Not the same when it's physical health, is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(this has come after having to write 5000 words on obesity) :'(

- being fat is your own damn fault
- NHS should not pay for obesity care or weight loss surgery
- Obesity should not be covered by disability benefits
- tax fast food (by a lot)
- schools should weigh kids and tell their parents straight up if their kid is overweight and needs to go on a diet
- all food sold should have calorie content clearly displayed on packaging

(also ...)

- renewable energy is important (the world will eventually run out of fossil fuels)
- legalise drugs and have the government regulate/dispense/make money from it
- doctors surgeries should be open as close to 24/7 as humanly possible
- nhs should have special clinics dedicated to chronic health conditions
- death penalty should be offered to prisoners serving life (if that prisoner wishes to die)
- euthanasia should be legalised for terminally ill people or people with degenerative illnesses
- hospitals should be able to carry out abortions
- their should be one exam board nationally that rotates every 7 years to avoid government interference
- we should not leave the EU
- tax alcohol
- tax smoking
- keep local libraries open
- put members of the House of Lords in the cabinet
- giver House of Lords same powers as the House of Commons
- we need to get the hell out of the middle east or offer a 3 state solution in Iraq and then get lost as quickly as possible

yeh ... these are just a few of my opinions ......
The rest of nature, animals and plants etc are more important than human life. I would save a dying dog over a dying person.
Black people who comolaun about slavery or are racist in kind should get out if the ciuntry, or get overbthe fact their ancestors were slaves.

What about jewish people who complain about the holocaust and still receive reparations?

Latest