The Student Room Group

Controversial views in Cambridge interview?

I haven't had my interview yet but I'm just reading over my ps and SAQ and thinking of things to say if I'm asked about them. I've written about fine-tuning and the anthropic principle in my SAQ for Phys NatSci as I'm also interested in the philosophy of science. Since those things are potential arguments for a Creator/God, could they ask me about what my views on the matter are? And could they discriminate against me depending on my answer, because I'm religious and applying to a scientific course? I also don't want to lie because it would be against my religion to say that I don't believe in a God. Would they even ask me about it?

Sorry if this was a bit long. I'm just overthinking everything atm.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I haven't had my interview yet but I'm just reading over my ps and SAQ and thinking of things to say if I'm asked about them. I've written about fine-tuning and the anthropic principle in my SAQ for Phys NatSci as I'm also interested in the philosophy of science. Since those things are potential arguments for a Creator/God, could they ask me about what my views on the matter are? And could they discriminate against me depending on my answer, because I'm religious and applying to a scientific course? I also don't want to lie because it would be against my religion to say that I don't believe in a God. Would they even ask me about it?

Sorry if this was a bit long. I'm just overthinking everything atm.

It might not be controversial but I certainly don't know how my scientist interviewers would react if I'm religious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending