The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE's and iGCSE's revision motivation!!!

Hey guys, desperately struggling with revision motivation!!:s-smilie: Any advice??!!

Scroll to see replies

My advice would be to keep calm and take it easy i know it's silly and don't work for some people but I was one I've even got my igcse maths on Tuesday but I've only used Scribd to revise I think it's a very usefull app try it out.
Don't start to early or you'll tire of it and be reluctant when you really need to commit lots of time to it around easter.

Start at around half an hour each day and increase this by an half an hour every month until your exam. Perhaps 3 hours on weekends to begin.

I got 9A*s and an A at GCSE and come from a low-average performing state school. The feeling on results day is amazing when you know you got what you've worked so hard for. The grades stay with you forever so make them good but remember you need to have a life too :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so much for the advice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ayaaazzz
Hey guys, desperately struggling with revision motivation!!:s-smilie: Any advice??!!

I would just try to stay as calm and less worked up as possible,that way you won't resent the fact you have to work. When I did my gcse's it made it easier just knowing that it wasn't me in the situation of revising continuously aha. Make sure you have breaks as I felt (and I do now) that if you lose concentration your not going to get it back unless you do something. If you need any specific tips on gcse's I did these: :smile:))
Maths
Science
Additional science
Further additional science
Do food
Child development
Italian
English lit
English Lang
Physical education
History
Geography
Humanities
Citizenship
Ethics
Philosophy
:smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baldwel
Don't start to early or you'll tire of it and be reluctant when you really need to commit lots of time to it around easter.

Start at around half an hour each day and increase this by an half an hour every month until your exam. Perhaps 3 hours on weekends to begin.

I got 9A*s and an A at GCSE and come from a low-average performing state school. The feeling on results day is amazing when you know you got what you've worked so hard for. The grades stay with you forever so make them good but remember you need to have a life too :smile:

what did you get for your mock exams?
Original post by sumi99
what did you get for your mock exams?

6A*s and 4As in one set, 7A*s and 3As in another:smile:
Original post by Beth_p
I would just try to stay as calm and less worked up as possible,that way you won't resent the fact you have to work. When I did my gcse's it made it easier just knowing that it wasn't me in the situation of revising continuously aha. Make sure you have breaks as I felt (and I do now) that if you lose concentration your not going to get it back unless you do something. If you need any specific tips on gcse's I did these: :smile:))
Maths
Science
Additional science
Further additional science
Do food
Child development
Italian
English lit
English Lang
Physical education
History
Geography
Humanities
Citizenship
Ethics
Philosophy
:smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tips for double science additional science would be great i am self teaching some parts as my school didnt offer double science, im stuck on where to start i made notes as i went through text book, I feel I know nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by vickie89uk
Tips for double science additional science would be great i am self teaching some parts as my school didnt offer double science, im stuck on where to start i made notes as i went through text book, I feel I know nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would go through each topic and make an a3/4 poster page with all the relative information on it, on plain paper so its all there so its easily set out and easy to read. Maybe make yourself flashcards to test yourself, theres a good website called quizlet where you can make your ow revision cards online and there's loads of ways on there to revise it, plus you may find ones already done from other people who have done the course
Original post by Beth_p
i would go through each topic and make an a3/4 poster page with all the relative information on it, on plain paper so its all there so its easily set out and easy to read. Maybe make yourself flashcards to test yourself, theres a good website called quizlet where you can make your ow revision cards online and there's loads of ways on there to revise it, plus you may find ones already done from other people who have done the course

Thank you great help will utilise that website and your tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by baldwel
6A*s and 4As in one set, 7A*s and 3As in another:smile:

Hi, what were your methods of revision?
Original post by Mr...
Sit down and just do it

or

Have a goal and put an image or it in your study space :yes:

My friend and I are planning to take IGCSE biology possibly next year,as we have yet to prepared for it.

Any good books/ online notes for alternative practical?

We are just planning to take only IGCSE biology possibly in 2016,haha :smile:

P.S. Both of us are from Singapore and we have already completed the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A levels exams already. Just looking to test our knowledge further and challenge ourselves,as Singapore apparently does not allow a Science student to take triple science and we took physics/chem but yet to take biology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gohjedrek
My friend and I are planning to take IGCSE biology possibly next year,as we have yet to prepared for it.

P.S. Both of us are from Singapore and we have already completed the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A levels exams already. Just looking to test our knowledge further and challenge ourselves,as Singapore apparently does not allow a Science student to take triple science and we took physics/chem but yet to take biology.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408517108/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1422281320&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Check with the exam bored as they can often give you a reading list

[

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Sorry, in not familiar with iGCSE biology :no:

No problem~

Right now,just a little concerned with getting iGCSE alternative to practical guide.

Just found on a website some books:1.Biology for Cambridge IGCSE by Gareth Williams(Nelson Thomas)
2.IGCSE Study Guide for Biology by Dave Hayward (Hodder Murray)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by baldwel

what month did you start revising
Original post by jjjhhh
what month did you start revising

Erm I preferred to start revising early (i.e now!) and build up my time. So say half an hour each day in February, an hour in march, two hours in april and then just crazy in may :wink:
No problem~

Right now,just a little concerned with getting iGCSE alternative to practical guide.

Just found on a website some books:1.Biology for Cambridge IGCSE by Gareth Williams(Nelson Thomas)
2.IGCSE Study Guide for Biology by Dave Hayward (Hodder Murray)

Aqa recommend this too me: isbn: 978-1-4085-1710-9
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408517108/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425252674&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=9781408517109

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408517108/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425252674&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=9781408517109

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending