The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.

A girl who drops her pants as soon as a guy calls her. I don't think there's a specific number, because it depends on her age, for example, a body count of 10 guys is high when she's 18, but it isn't high when she's nearly 30. But I personally wouldn't get romantically involved with a woman who has slept with over 5 guys, but I'm still young and this is different for everyone.

A guy can't be a slut, he just can't. For a guy to be able to sleep with numerous women, he has to either be rich, or he has to be attractive (without make-up) for the majority of girls, nicely dressed, well-spoken, charming, knowing how to flirt and be very social. It's hard work, and women don't understand that. They think it's easy to sleep with a bunch of women, IT IS NOT. Whereas, for a woman to be a slut, she doesn't even have to be attractive (some can wear make-up and become attractive or even with make-up, she's still unattractive) and desperate guys or drunk guys will hit on her and she can sleep with them.
I don't believe any woman is a slut at all. I believe people who want and enjoy sex will have sex with a number of people and that is their decision. If people sleep around and don't use protection then I'd brand them careless and irresponsible but not sluts and that is applicable to both men and women.
Original post by geoking
Still waiting for you to explain how agreeing with someone means I have a chip on my shoulder :rolleyes:

Nah, you never explained why thinking that people shouldn't be insulted purely for their gender meant I had a chip on my shoulder, or why you even disagreed with my first post.
Original post by Maid Marian
I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:

No you're not, and you know you're not. People sometimes act like they're such special snowflakes regarding sex.
Original post by Philbert
No you're not, and you know you're not. People sometimes act like they're such special snowflakes regarding sex.

Uh oh.
Original post by Messiah Complex
Every single girl on TSR except for three. All the rest are slooooooots.

I am 1/3 of that three. I'm not a ...sloooooooot. I'm an angel :u:

And the term "slut" can apply to a man as well. Sure you might not use that particular word, but you can call him other things that carry much more meaning. Like

"if you don't stop ****ing every chick in town and out of town, I will cut your penis off and sell it on eBay. Got it, bucko! :angry:"

It always works for me. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't tell me what I know :indiff:
I think it's an unusual thing to think in this generation. :indiff:
Don't tell me what I know :indiff:
I think it's an unusual thing to think in this generation. :indiff:

Why, though? How many people do you know that are really promiscuous, "sluts", if you will? How many do you know who go for only monogamous relationships with people they love?
No no no no no. No. No. You're just going to lure out the scary tsr feminists, who'll rip anything you say to shreds.

But, everybody has to admit it is wrong that slut has negative connotations, whereas being a stud is seen as being a good thing, despite the fact that they mean pretty much the same thing.
Nah, you never explained why thinking that people shouldn't be insulted purely for their gender meant I had a chip on my shoulder, or why you even disagreed with my first post.

You started it dear, stop avoiding explaining yourself. :dunce:

That's because it's very rare for girls in this day and age to say something like what maid Marian has said.
Same can be said for men too.
I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:

Good for you maid Marian,ain't nobody got time to be whoring around and catching stds from a guy who just wants to 'have fun' with you.
Original post by geoking
You started it dear, stop avoiding explaining yourself. :dunce:

I didn't start it. You did. See post #58. If you can't even be bothered to check basic facts, why are you even trying to have a discussion with me?
Original post by queen-bee
That's because it's very rare for girls in this day and age to say something like what maid Marian has said.
Same can be said for men too.

Well maybe not the "would rather die" bit, but I really don't think it's rare to want to only have sex in loving relationships.
I didn't start it. You did. See post #58. If you can't even be bothered to check basic facts, why are you even trying to have a discussion with me?

How is that "starting it"? My follow up comment was based on the quote, whereas your saying was clearly based on prejudices and has no relevance to the real world.
Original post by lent6
Bull**** all of it.

Simple as that

Prove it.
a woman that has slept with more than 6 people in her life
makes out with guys she doesnt know in public or at a rave.
goes on holiday to places like malia,zante and magaluf.
Anyone who sleeps around and by doing so damaged relationships or hurts others.

They can be male, female, agender, or no gender. I could care less.

However, I tend to refrain from judging people by their sex lives. It's not really my business.
Original post by matthewduncan
a woman that has slept with more than 6 people in her life
makes out with guys she doesnt know in public or at a rave.
goes on holiday to places like malia,zante and magaluf.

And you, my friend, are what we call a "misogynist".

Latest