The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got a children's nursing interview on the 13th of March??
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Well that's the interview for Adult Nursing done and dusted. I think it went ok, though it sure is hard to get a word in edgeways during group discussion! But I managed... So i'll just have to wait and see! ������
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey :smile: I have an interview on the 4th Feb at 1pm for UCLAN, applied for adult nursing

Can anybody tell me how long approx. the interview was, as I have to book train times. Also, how long did it take for a letter from UCLAN take to arrive after you got an interview date, saying what you have to take and that? Because Ive only got a letter stating my interview time and that on UCAS and I'm really worried because theres only a few more days left and I've never been to an interview before so I dont know what I need to take etc.
Thanks alot
Original post by lucymaria
I just rang up and they said because of March applications they've been busy and not updated track but they've offered me a place for September!
So happy!

Heyya I applied for adult nursing september intake and i've on just received the 'we have received you're application' letter , how long does the whole process take ?
Hi I received my interview date today for adult nursing. Was just wondering if anyone who's already had the interview could give me a little information about it??
Original post by RebeccaMatthews
Hi I received my interview date today for adult nursing. Was just wondering if anyone who's already had the interview could give me a little information about it??

Someone's answered this at the beginning of the thread I think, but it's really easy I wouldn't worry about it.
Probably the easiest nursing interview you can have.
Hi to all those asking about the interview! I had mine today and it took just over 2 hours but I think it can differ on a daily basis, they allow for 3 hours.

Basically the interview consisted of a 10 question numeracy test (basic stuff e.g liquid and distance conversions, multiplication, fractions, addition, subtraction) so make sure you study. You can use a calculator but you must show your working out :-) There is then a written test where you answer a question in essay form. You get 20 minutes for each test. Then you get split into small groups where you do a little ice-breaking with a tutor and other group members, and this gives the uni a chance to get a feel for you and if you have the right character to be a nurse. Then you form large groups and have a group discussion based on projected images, be sure to speak but don't speak too much as everyone needs to have an input, and make plenty of eye contact. The tutors will be observing your interactions as a group. You might find someone belittles/disagrees with what you have said, i'm not convinced this goes down well with the tutors but I could be wrong... Obviously a discussion is good but I don't think the interview is the time or place too poo-poo other people's ideas! Anyway.... Then you do one-on-ones with the tutors where they check your certificates and ID etc. Have you checked your junk emails for the interview guide? That's where mine went! You need originals and photocopies of:

- Certificates for qualifications as shown on your application
- Photo ID (passport/driving license)
- Birth Certificate
-Marriage/Change of name Certificates if applicable
- Oh heck, I can't remember the rest!!! There might not be any more *thinks hard* I'll have to see if I can root it back out.

Hope some of this has helped! Xx
Someone's answered this at the beginning of the thread I think, but it's really easy I wouldn't worry about it.
Probably the easiest nursing interview you can have.

Oh thanks a lot!!:smile:
Copy and paste of interview guide content xx

ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE SELECTION EVENT

VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATES:

In order to confirm your educational qualifications we need to match the name on your certificates with the name that you use. We therefore need to see the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WE ALSO REQUIRE YOU TO SUPPLY A COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT (the copies will be retained and kept on your file if you do not provide originals and copies on the day of interview this could delay you receiving an offer if you have a successful interview):

Education certificates
As listed on your application form WHICH MUST INCLUDE documentation of literacy and numeracy skills. We need to see your certificates; we are not able to accept ‘notification of results’ slips. If you do not have your original certificates you will need to contact AQA (www.aqa.org.uk/help-and-contacts) for guidance on how to obtain replacement certificates (a ‘Statement of Results’ certificate is acceptable from AQA)

Birth Certificate
If you do not have this document you will need to obtain an official copy of it from the Registrars Office

Marriage Certificate
If you do not have this document you will need to obtain an official copy of it from the Registrars Office

Divorce papers/change of name papers
We need to be able to track all name changes on your application, if you do not have supporting documentation you will need to obtain official copies from your solicitor. If you have officially changed your name, via a Deed Poll, again you must present original documentation at this event

Photographic ID
You need to provide photographic ID at this event, e.g. passport, driving licence

What to Expect at the Selection Event

The event will last no longer than 3 hours and will consist of the following:

Small Group work

Large Group Discussion

Written Task (no longer than 20 minutes). Please bring a pen with you

Numeracy Test (20 minutes). A calculator can be used (you will need to bring one with you). It is advisable to practice numeracy calculation there are several websites, e.g. www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/
I just rang up and they said because of March applications they've been busy and not updated track but they've offered me a place for September!
So happy!

Well done for getting an offer.. Can anyone tell me what the interview process is like please I have an interview next wednesday 4th feb.. And I'm really nervous so any info will be a big help Thankyou x
Original post by LaraWagstaff
Well done for getting an offer.. Can anyone tell me what the interview process is like please I have an interview next wednesday 4th feb.. And I'm really nervous so any info will be a big help Thankyou x

Lara, there are two detailed posts above about the interview process and what is required. Good luck with your interview x
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone have their interview at 1 today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by sammieb92
Hey, I'm new to this student room, I'm just looking for some advice off others who have applied to do child/adult nursing at UCLAN for September 2015... I applied 16th November, I'm being very impatient, but I'm just wondering if anybody who has applied has heard back from them? Thanks, Sammie x

I'm new here I got an offer yesterday for Adult Nursing :-) sep 2015! Hi! :-)
Original post by AmyT82
I'm new here I got an offer yesterday for Adult Nursing :-) sep 2015! Hi! :-)

Congratulations, Amy!! Xx
How many people are firming UCLAN for nursing sept 2015? X
How many people are firming UCLAN for nursing sept 2015? X

Already accepted my place for September :smile: x
Original post by penguin268693
Already accepted my place for September :smile: x

Has anyone made a facebook group or anything for September 2015?
Also would you be living in? Or staying at home? X
Has anyone made a facebook group or anything for September 2015?
Also would you be living in? Or staying at home? X

I don't think so, and I will be living at home.. What about you? :smile:
Original post by penguin268693
I don't think so, and I will be living at home.. What about you? :smile:

I'll be living in the halls and I'm so nervous about not knowing anybody! :frown:
Has anyone who had an interview around the 16th January, heard anything?!
The wait is killing me :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending