The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by hamix.forllz
so since all human language evolves, how can there be a true type of language?

This thread is about controversial views, remember. You are not expected to agree with, or even understand my point of view. I don't know why I think this, but I do, and I don't really think that anything could change my mind on the matter.
Original post by VannR
This thread is about controversial views, remember. You are not expected to agree with, or even understand my point of view. I don't know why I think this, but I do, and I don't really think that anything could change my mind on the matter.

erm..no, its about discussuon, idiot...
Inheritance isn't taxed enough.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

I firmly believe in concentration camps being the best thing... Not for Jews though, I couldn't do that to my people :h:
Original post by Blue_Mason
Nothing wrong with acknowledging or complimenting on another mans appearance.
But us men have boundaries when it comes to complementation.
You typed men have a "man crush" with crush meaning you you're sexaully attracted or have feelings for that person.
Men do not cross those boundaries unless they're bisexual or gay.

Some men do call it a man crush and r straight. .. whether you like it or not
Original post by morgan8002
Opportunity for places should be given based on ability and intelligence, not economic background.

And that's why there are loans, grants, bursaries and scholarships available for those from disadvantaged backgrounds who deserve to go?
All educational exams should be standardised (i.e. ONE exam board) and all universities should create their own aptitude/verbal reasoning tests (or perhaps IQ tests) for applicants to take.

And also UCAS should allow you to have more than five options.
That everything evil emanates from the poor.
Original post by tehFrance
I firmly believe in concentration camps being the best thing... Not for Jews though, I couldn't do that to my people :h:

Yes, but you're French so you probably do mean that.
I've been thinking this one over the past few days, and I think it's probably this;

You're not entitled to an opinion without the reasons behind it.

What this amounts to is that most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. That most people on TSR who have their opinions shouldn't be considered at all, could even go into a subsection of the debates & current affairs where they'll rot until they find reasons for their posts and can join the other sections. It's something that sounds so simple in theory but in practice would be extremely oppressive.

It sounds bad but to be honest I think I have a reason behind it, so it's a circular logic I can't escape. :lol:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I've been thinking this one over the past few days, and I think it's probably this;

You're not entitled to an opinion without the reasons behind it.

What this amounts to is that most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. That most people on TSR who have their opinions shouldn't be considered at all, could even go into a subsection of the debates & current affairs where they'll rot until they find reasons for their posts and can join the other sections. It's something that sounds so simple in theory but in practice would be extremely oppressive.

It sounds bad but to be honest I think I have a reason behind it, so it's a circular logic I can't escape. :lol:

people dont need teasons to do things...
Original post by orlrighty
Yes, but you're French so you probably do mean that.

Of course I mean it, I refuse to harm a fellow Jew.
people dont need teasons to do things...

Why?

:lol:
Original post by Birkenhead
Higher education will never be free as someone has to pay for it. It makes perfect sense that the people who are receiving it should be the ones to do so.

More people with higher education benefits everyone and discouraging people from educating themselves is, as a country, shooting yourself in the foot. At the very least STEM degrees at good universities should be free.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Why?

:lol:

Human nature.....get with it...
Human nature.....get with it...

Why is it human nature?
Original post by study_smart786
Some men do call it a man crush and r straight. .. whether you like it or not

Some men like to get rammed from behind but would still consider themselves to be straight.
Paying taxes is stupid
Original post by Nuvertion
More people with higher education benefits everyone and discouraging people from educating themselves is, as a country, shooting yourself in the foot. At the very least STEM degrees at good universities should be free.

The idea that university tuition fees discourages people from higher education is not in tandem with the hard fact that the number of people attending university had risen since they were introduced. It doesn't discourage people from higher education and there's no good reason why those directly benefitting from the education they receive should pass the bill to the taxpayer instead of paying for it themselves when in a position to do so.
Drama shouldn't be a degree

Latest