The Student Room Group

confused on what to study

I'm currently finishing gcses and starting college in sept. I was thinking of starting a Level one cookery course and working up to level three, however I don't know whether this is the right desicion or if I should study a levels. Any ideas? Anyone currently doing vrq cookery? Thanks
I'm expecting to get mostly bs and c s but one a in gcse.
Reply 1
Original post by Picola123
I'm currently finishing gcses and starting college in sept. I was thinking of starting a Level one cookery course and working up to level three, however I don't know whether this is the right desicion or if I should study a levels. Any ideas? Anyone currently doing vrq cookery? Thanks

More information would be handy

What do you want to do in the future?

By the way: 90% of people on this site will be like "DO STEM SUBJECTS AT A LEVEL AND GET 100% OR YOU FAIL AT LIFE". Ignore.
Why are you thinking about level 1 when you are studying level 2 qualifications (GCSE) now? You should be able to take level 3 cookery is that is what you are interested in.

A level Food technology is not offered by many schools - what future career are you thinking of?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you thinking about level 1 when you are studying level 2 qualifications (GCSE) now? You should be able to take level 3 cookery is that is what you are interested in.

A level Food technology is not offered by many schools - what future career are you thinking of?

When I say cookery, I meant to say nvq professional cookery, not a level. The college I am looking into says that you need level 1 and 2 cookery to progress into 3 or relevant industry experience.. So I don't knwo. What do I want to do?
Honestly, I have Absolutly no idea. I just know that at this moment cooking and food is something that I'm interested in..
Original post by Picola123

You sound like a capable student and therefore I think you're more capable of doing a-levels than GCSEs! But that's my opinion. At the end of the day, it's what you want to do. So go ahead and do what YOU want to do because it's YOUR choice, not because SOMEONE ELSE told you to.

Quick Reply

Latest