The Student Room Group

A level psychology

Hi, so i'm trying to make my notes for psych but im confused as to whether or not i have to use GRAVE for theories as well as studies. like i know theories=scoda/scout and studies=grave but do i need to know grave for theories too??
Original post by slak
Hi, so i'm trying to make my notes for psych but im confused as to whether or not i have to use GRAVE for theories as well as studies. like i know theories=scoda/scout and studies=grave but do i need to know grave for theories too??

I’m not sure what GRAVE is but I’m guessing it’s either an acronym for the evaluations or a paragraph structure? If its evaluation, then if it asks to you to “outline and evaluate research” then you would evaluate as you would with theories. With theories of course, you can use the evaluations for research too.

I’m not completely sure what you mean?
Reply 2
Original post by Lightningparrot
I’m not sure what GRAVE is but I’m guessing it’s either an acronym for the evaluations or a paragraph structure? If its evaluation, then if it asks to you to “outline and evaluate research” then you would evaluate as you would with theories. With theories of course, you can use the evaluations for research too.

I’m not completely sure what you mean?

yess its the genralisability, reliability etc that you'd use to evaluate.
in college my teacher told us that you use scoda for theories and grave for studies, i was just confused if i had to learn both scoda AND grave for theories as you can evaluate theories with their genralisability, reliability and so on. sorry for the confusion but im pretty sure it shouldnt be that big a problem if i just do scoda for theories. Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending