The Student Room Group

Anyone want to meet up & possibly be my friend?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't mind, but it depends on where you live :tongue:
Hahaha this is so cringing

How do we know you're not a murderer....
I know every friend starts off as a stranger, but I'm way too cynical when meeting people. It's a nice idea, just meeting people and letting go of those judgements :tongue:
Original post by bittr n swt
Hahaha this is so cringing

How do we know you're not a murderer....
Hey it was worth a try, people I see on the streets might be murderers :tongue: I've had some good convos with people on here, more than in real life though which is unfortunate :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ParadiseFound
Is it seriously that hard to make friends? Dude I tthink it would be best if you got off your pc, there are thousands of people around you.

Join a club reflective of your interests, go gym, join a study group, go library. Just get out of your house.

Its piss easy to make friends granted your not socially retarded and are actually doing things in your power to meet people.
My main problem is selfr-confidence, like to talk to new people. I'm worried I'm just gonna embarrass myself & stuff :redface: There's one guy at work who I could meet more people through plus this think I've volunteered for (although not sure if there's many people of a similar age). It's just that initial step which is the hardest & I need to break through this barrier I've put on myself!
Reply 25
Why is there still stigma against people wanting to meet other people online? I think it's a great idea. It's quick, it's easy, it's efficient. Perfect for this day and age. We're not stuck in the 90's. It's like people being ashamed of being on dating websites/meeting their partners online. So what? I tip my hat to you for finding happiness/trying to! I think people need to be less judgmental and more open-minded. I don't see why it matters where someone looks in order to find new friends??

To conclude, I'll be your friend! I currently live in the North though so if you're in the South but wouldn't mind having a virtual friendship then PM me!
Original post by Multitalented me
My main problem is selfr-confidence, like to talk to new people. I'm worried I'm just gonna embarrass myself & stuff :redface: There's one guy at work who I could meet more people through plus this think I've volunteered for (although not sure if there's many people of a similar age). It's just that initial step which is the hardest & I need to break through this barrier I've put on myself!

I had similar problems but I guess they just all dissapeared when I went through the motions of growing up. I had my first job etc when you work with people regularly social problems can dissapear.

What would you do with people you meet online ? I just think it might be more awkward then meeting a stranger.

Quick Reply

Latest