The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My stance on a deity: "apathetic agnostic" > "I don't know and I don't care".

Basically if a deity's existence could be 100pcnt guaranteed, it would not affect the way I live my life.
Used to be religious then I turned bi (which is forbidden in my religion):rolleyes:
Original post by davidguettafan
Sensible in what way?

The way I see it, it's sensible as there's no concrete evidence to suggest there is or isn't a God, at the moment anyhow.
Yup
Yes, I try. Sometimes I fail but I try harder.:smile:
I'm an atheist and I don't like it when people say they're agnostic. Discuss...
Original post by Idomaths
I'm an atheist and I don't like it when people say they're agnostic. Discuss...

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iggy Azalea
The way I see it, it's sensible as there's no concrete evidence to suggest there is or isn't a God, at the moment anyhow.

I see
Original post by Vixen47
Not anymore, but I wish I was.

How come?
Not right now :tongue:
Can it not be argued that atheists are religious.? It being, the religion of nothing after death/ No God.
Reply 32
Original post by Retired_Messiah
You can't just make this yes or no, what about the agnostics?

Agnosticism has nothing to do with religion. You are either religious or not religious, not half and half - there are enough irreligious "Christians" in Britain to make that obvious.
Religious as can be atm...
Original post by Iggy Azalea

So statistically speaking wouldn't it be better to be 'safe' and live like there's a God than find out there isn't one rather than vice versa?
Original post by iAmanze
Can it not be argued that atheists are religious.? It being, the religion of nothing after death/ No God.

Buddhists are technically atheists. So no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im an atheist and an antitheist. I dont mind personal religions but its when they get big that they should be stopped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
How come?

I miss having guidance in life and someone (not a person) to turn to when I'm unsure about things. God made life feel less lonely.
I am a christian and I believe in God and Jesus and everything else but I do not let religion rule or affect my life. I don't pray and I only go to church a few times a year. It is important to me to marry a christian and baptise my baby but that is it tbh. I believe but I can't say I'm religious, at least not now. Maybe when I'll be older, I see many old people around me being very religious...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mayamiller
So statistically speaking wouldn't it be better to be 'safe' and live like there's a God than find out there isn't one rather than vice versa?

But atheists would argue that this is just like believing in fairies or unicorns just to be "safe"

Latest