The Student Room Group

Elizabethan religious problems essay

'To what extent by 1571 had Elizabeth I solved the religious problems that had faced Edward and Mary?'

Would I be ok to include Mary QOS and the succession in here? That was going to be one of my main themes, but there's no mention of it in the mark scheme
Reply 1
i did elizabethen but i think i did a different course because we never covered Edward or Mary. i don't think you'd be credited for referencing MQS, because she didn't threaten mary or edward. succession wasn't really a religious problem. i'm not sure how many marks this is, or what the structure would be, but the obvious main theme seems to be religious turmoil. henry introduced protestantism to a catholic country, edward took over, and then mary reverted it. elizabeth did a lot to fix this religious issue with her Middle Way. the fact that it asks "to what extent" suggests you need to consider her shortcomings, and you could talk about a lack of support for her policies: catholic and puritan threat.
Original post by LightHades
i did elizabethen but i think i did a different course because we never covered Edward or Mary. i don't think you'd be credited for referencing MQS, because she didn't threaten mary or edward. succession wasn't really a religious problem. i'm not sure how many marks this is, or what the structure would be, but the obvious main theme seems to be religious turmoil. henry introduced protestantism to a catholic country, edward took over, and then mary reverted it. elizabeth did a lot to fix this religious issue with her Middle Way. the fact that it asks "to what extent" suggests you need to consider her shortcomings, and you could talk about a lack of support for her policies: catholic and puritan threat.

Thanks - I think I'll have another look at it. I didn't want to get too waffley but honestly looking at it now I think I've got a fairly good idea of how I'd want to structure it. Would probably do a paragraph on each of Puritan and Catholic threat, then other religious problems like in govt and society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending