The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Thread Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jaska
I haven't been able to get on that accommodation link which was in the email. Have you? isnt it a bit early?

neither have I aha, I went directly on the university's website. I think quite a lot of people have applied but I haven't so it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m_k96
neither have I aha, I went directly on the university's website. I think quite a lot of people have applied but I haven't so it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its better to go to the offer holders day and check out all the different available accommodation. Did you choose Preston or Manchester on UCAS when you applied to Manchester?
Reply 62
Original post by Jaska
I think its better to go to the offer holders day and check out all the different available accommodation. Did you choose Preston or Manchester on UCAS when you applied to Manchester?

That would probably be the logical thing to do 😂 but April seems so far away:O

I chose Manchester but i think they'll just randomly allocate us a place. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska

There's an open house day coming up in March where you can visit all of the halls so you don't have to wait till April :smile:

Heres the website: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/consideringmanchester/visitus-openhouse/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Muhaha_6
There's an open house day coming up in March where you can visit all of the halls so you don't have to wait till April :smile:

Heres the website: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/consideringmanchester/visitus-openhouse/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't even know about this, thank you!

Do I need to book an appointment or shall i just turn up?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m_k96
I didn't even know about this, thank you!

Do I need to book an appointment or shall i just turn up?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile:

I have no idea, it doesn't say anything on the website so I was just planning to turn up on the day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Muhaha_6
No worries :smile:

I have no idea, it doesn't say anything on the website so I was just planning to turn up on the day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha that's fine then, at least I won't be the only one that turns up 😂

thanks again:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I just found out that some vaccines like the hepatitis B takes has to be done over the course of 6 months - is it our responsibility to find out which vaccines we need before going to have before entering med school?

eg if you get an offer on 7th may (deadline for unis to respond) or on results day via waiting list then considering the 6 months to get hep B vaccine will they reject/defer your entry?
Original post by blissfully
So I just found out that some vaccines like the hepatitis B takes has to be done over the course of 6 months - is it our responsibility to find out which vaccines we need before going to have before entering med school?

eg if you get an offer on 7th may (deadline for unis to respond) or on results day via waiting list then considering the 6 months to get hep B vaccine will they reject/defer your entry?

Do you not have the hepatitis jab?
Original post by Jaska
Do you not have the hepatitis jab?

spoke to my GP today and they said they stopped doing it in year 10 or something and doesn't seem like i do... i might have got it done when i was born (in a different country)
Reply 70
spoke to my GP today and they said they stopped doing it in year 10 or something and doesn't seem like i do... i might have got it done when i was born (in a different country)

Most medical schools arrange their own vaccines/testing (it is not an NHS vaccine generally) and you do not really need it until you have significant contact with patients (generally in 3rd year), so the 6 months is not an issue
Reply 71

When my daughter (year 13) went on a medical placement in Ghana we were told that the required antibodies for Hep B are present in the vast majority of people after the second jab, which is only one month after the first one. Whatever the case, I would be confident that Med Schools have a process to deal with it as it arises every year.
is everyone still waiting for UCL biomed offer or is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If all the none medicine people are choosing accommodation now, will we have a more limited choice when we come to picking accommodation as there will be less left to choose from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
actually dying of excitement and happiness right now !! Offer from Bristol!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulagirl15
actually dying of excitement and happiness right now !! Offer from Bristol!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Is Bristol your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
Congrats! Is Bristol your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a first choice really just buzzing tbh :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Keele today!! I'm still going to firm Exeter but I'm of two minds as to whether to put Keele as my insurance as they'll accept A*AB or AAA…either that or Medical Sciences ABB which obviously gives me more of a fallback. Tricky decision as I'd kick myself if I then came out with A*AB and couldn't get into Medicine at all….
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Got an offer from Keele today!! I'm still going to firm Exeter but I'm of two minds as to whether to put Keele as my insurance as they'll accept A*AB or AAA…either that or Medical Sciences ABB which obviously gives me more of a fallback. Tricky decision as I'd kick myself if I then came out with A*AB and couldn't get into Medicine at all….

100 percent out keele as insurance ... With AAb or even Abb you'd get a place in a good uni for a meeical sciences course through clearing so there's no point risking not getting into a medical school for the sake of a bigger fallback
Original post by Scowley12
100 percent out keele as insurance ... With AAb or even Abb you'd get a place in a good uni for a meeical sciences course through clearing so there's no point risking not getting into a medical school for the sake of a bigger fallback

I think I've reached that conclusion myself and you just confirmed my thinking - thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending