The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
For anyone who has gotten the interview, On the yellow sheet it specifies two particular books, are any of you guys buying the books they have mentioned? I originally wasn't going to as I have a social work book already but I'm slightly worried that if they have specifically referred to them, that maybe I should get myself the book?

WHat do you guys think?
Original post by mmq02
For anyone who has gotten the interview, On the yellow sheet it specifies two particular books, are any of you guys buying the books they have mentioned? I originally wasn't going to as I have a social work book already but I'm slightly worried that if they have specifically referred to them, that maybe I should get myself the book?

WHat do you guys think?

Hi I have both those books. I wouldn't bother with the Cree one but the other trevick one is good if you can borrow ftom lib but to be honest it's probably stuff you already know I'm not even sure if I will draw on it for interview x
Reply 122
Original post by waveydavey!
Hi I have both those books. I wouldn't bother with the Cree one but the other trevick one is good if you can borrow ftom lib but to be honest it's probably stuff you already know I'm not even sure if I will draw on it for interview x

Hey I wasn't gonna bother with the other one as its pretty outdated..don't think queens have it but i have a 2012 social work bookand j have just been reading.

I thihnk they just want to know we have a good idea of what social work entails, but just wasn't sure if we needed those books specifically!

Cheers:smile:
Original post by mmq02

WHat do you guys think?

No I'm not buying them...I don't think they can expect people to buy 2 text books just for interview!!
Reply 124
Just found it in queens anyway! So I shall skim over it instead of buying save my money ahha
Reply 125
Original post by Nicoh88
No I'm not buying them...I don't think they can expect people to buy 2 text books just for interview!!

You're right and they aren't cheap like lol..think they just wanted to suggest books they knew..sure if we skim it over any book on social work i think will do....I'll skim trevithick book and read my other one and throw in their names if I get the chance haha:P
I have sent off the second personal statement. Hopefully hear back from them soon about an interview lol
Got word today I have an interview at qub on 3rd march. So happy to have made it this far..
Reply 128
Brill Bernie congrats!

I have so much work to do for uni this week trying to balance it all and prepare one interview...1 weeks arghhh! D:
Thanks mmq. Sounds like your going to have a busy week, all you can do ia your best. You will be grand. Im ao excited and nervous all in one lol. We have all done really extremely well to get to the interview stage, so we shoild all be proud of ourselves...
Original post by Bernie..
Thanks mmq. Sounds like your going to have a busy week, all you can do ia your best. You will be grand. Im ao excited and nervous all in one lol. We have all done really extremely well to get to the interview stage, so we shoild all be proud of ourselves...
yeahhhhhh!! Well done Bernie! That's great news xxx
Got an interview with queens next week as well :smile: so nervous!! Well done everyone xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks waveydavey and congrats bailey..
How long did it take them to get back to you regarding interviews?
Hi cfearon I heard after 5 days..
Does anyone know if we need to bring exam certificates on day of interview?
I was asked to bring my certs over to queens a few weeks ago and they photocopied them....
Original post by Bernie..
I was asked to bring my certs over to queens a few weeks ago and they photocopied them....

Mmmmm.....I havnt heard anything!! Was it an email or letter?
Thanks for the response. I returned mine yesterday so will wait by the letter box lol
Original post by Nicoh88
Mmmmm.....I havnt heard anything!! Was it an email or letter?

I'm wondering the same thing as I haven't been asked for certs yet. The only thing my interview letter asked for was to bring photo Id along with me to interview.

Quick Reply

Latest