The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serentonin
friend found my bf on tinder. ****ing done with blokes, I'm ****ing done.

what a ****ing moron. literally wtf is he playing at? tinder when he had you, it's pretty laughable, especially as most birds on tinder are ****ing munters. and everything you did for him recently...

you do not need that **** in your life, youre worth so much more than that. i really hope you're okay :frown: xxx
I'm not feeling particularly focused today, unfortunately.
In much better news, my super mario tshirt has just arrived and now I feel a bit happier while I bumble about my dissertation :cool:
My enthusiasm for studying is waning massively lately. It all feels very pointless and esoteric right now. :boring:

Think it's probably because my master's course is not turning out to be what I thought it would, it was pretty misleadingly advertised.
Having a dissertation meltdown :argh:
2:1 on all of my semester 1 modules! Thank god.
After my first sportive on Saturday I need physio for my shoulder neck and back (y)
Yes plz :puppyeyes:

--

OH WELL WHO GIVES A ****, I HAVE AN IMPERIAL PHD INTERVIEW TOMORROW AND I'M GONNA BE A ****ING AMAZING (albeit celibate) SCIENTIST WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN (insert sassy fingers)

Ha.
that felt good.

Hope the interview went well!

Also what a ****ing idiot. The major problem you're gonna have now, though, is the living situation with him...
Also "ego boost"? that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard.
Original post by Slowbro93
HAve a good trip!

So turns out I have another interview for Leeds next week, doinmg it over skype though as I can't get any more time off :tongue:

A three-plane trip is really nothing exciting other than the free food provided haha.... But it really is a butt-killing thing! Picture me and a couple of elderlies walking up and down the plane flight from Amsterdam to Detroit :tongue: was hilarious!

And good luck! What course would it be for? Or will they offer you a suitable course according to your interview performance then?

Good luck!

Original post by BeyondandAbove
Enjoy your trip! What is it for? (:

_______
Also I hope everyone is well. I thoroughly enjoyed my reading week. STILL need to hear back about my MSc project :colonhash: I really, really hope I'll get my first choice (but I'll be happy with my other two choices as well). I also got an activity monitor/tracker, so it actually got me moving a bit more since Friday :h: I've been doing some revision throughout my reading week, been travelling a bit.. I'm actually a lot happier recently than in the last two months. I wake up early and actually quite refreshed, I can manage to sleep through 70% of the time now (instead of maybe 5-10% of the time) and.. I'm not sure what happened, but I like it!

Sister is a lawyer and wants to practice in the US... So she needs to take the NY Bar exam. Tomorrow and after. I'm just tagging along :wink: but it's bloody freezing! -20° outside :redface:

And ooh! Hmm dad wants to move back to Canada once he retires... And sisters are preparing to move there once they finish with what stages they are at atm.... I'd love to move back as well, but the boy won't be able to move... :frown: tis a tough decision..

--

OH WELL WHO GIVES A ****, I HAVE AN IMPERIAL PHD INTERVIEW TOMORROW AND I'M GONNA BE A ****ING AMAZING (albeit celibate) SCIENTIST WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN (insert sassy fingers)

Ha.
that felt good.

:console: seriously I hope you're alright hun! Bagsy helping slowbro with the killing! :hugs:
Woke up feeling generally ok so I can actually get some work done today. First up is finishing off reading on outsourcing and competitive tendering for my seminar tomorrow and then reading about the Russian war with Georgia for my Russia presentation on Thursday
I cannot get into work at all today. I feel awful for it. I'm seriously regretting not having done more of my dissertation before Christmas, but I didn't feel like I knew what to do. Must deal with the hand I have. Still, every day I don't work on it I feel guilty as hell and my brain just really feels as though it has a barrier stopping me from getting into work. It feels like a poor excuse, but it's true :frown:
Original post by sliceofcake
I cannot get into work at all today. I feel awful for it. I'm seriously regretting not having done more of my dissertation before Christmas, but I didn't feel like I knew what to do. Must deal with the hand I have. Still, every day I don't work on it I feel guilty as hell and my brain just really feels as though it has a barrier stopping me from getting into work. It feels like a poor excuse, but it's true :frown:

Can you not go and see your supervisor for more help and or encouragement?
Original post by jelly1000
Can you not go and see your supervisor for more help and or encouragement?

Unfortunately my supervisor doesn't know anything about my dissertation topic. He's quietly enthusiastic about it, he said it'll be interesting no matter the conclusion, which is very nice. But when it comes to the content I think he's taking my word for it all. I think it's because I'm at a difficult bit, feels like a large hurdle. It can be done, but it seems my brain isn't cooperating
Original post by sliceofcake
Unfortunately my supervisor doesn't know anything about my dissertation topic. He's quietly enthusiastic about it, he said it'll be interesting no matter the conclusion, which is very nice. But when it comes to the content I think he's taking my word for it all. I think it's because I'm at a difficult bit, feels like a large hurdle. It can be done, but it seems my brain isn't cooperating

ah thats rubbish. see if you can break it down into smaller chunks
Really annoyed about my exam today 😔😒 universities are stupid for allowing tests to be completed in a lecture hall 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

--

Ha.
that felt good.

How did the interview go? :h:

Had an informal chat with a phd sup today :h: Went really well :biggrin:

Also had a few pints today, oh dear :erm:
I miss a-levels so much :frown:
Realised today when I was supposed to be meeting potential dissertation supervisor that he didn't tell me what time to meet.
Of course I managaged to a catch a cold in this very busy deadline week. Grrrrrr.
Trying to cut down words in a lab report is so hard. Losing motivation here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending