The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah guys that's football for us. The players underestimated Monaco, they outclassed us, out performed us, they studied us and they controlled the game. Fair play to Monaco they set up really well.

As for us, it's just another game lost. Yes it was a terrible game but we have to try and do something for the second leg, if not then we can say we tried.

You lots can wum all you want and I would to.

Loool ooh Arsenal, do better in the second leg lads.
Haha Berba, 'because we are good!'
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain summed up in 5 minutes there.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ah guys that's football for us. The players underestimated Monaco, they outclassed us, out performed us, they studied us and they controlled the game. Fair play to Monaco they set up really well.

As for us, it's just another game lost. Yes it was a terrible game but we have to try and do something for the second leg, if not then we can say we tried.

Tbh it would have been ok if we just left it at 2-1. The last goal conceded is ****ing shambles though
Reply 2464
Original post by Peggles_*
I AM SO SICK OF THIS ****!!

**** everything, absolute *****, just **** off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meltdown! Meltdown! Meltdown! Meltdown!

Do it! We've not had a good peggles meltdown for ages.
:cry:
Anyone who blames Wenger is pathetic. Wenger didn't deflect their first goal in. Wenger didn't run up the pitch and let them in behind on their second. Wenger didn't give the ball away on their third. Blame the players, who were atrocious tonight, and praise Monaco, who probably put in their best ever away performance tonight. Don't try to distract attention by blaming the manager.
Jeff Stelling with some great banter there
Absolute par from Stelling there...

They're Arsenal, they don't ever try. (to study their opponent before and during the game, stop the opponent having the same opportunity)
OK, calling it now, we'll score an early goal in the second leg, grab a second with 10 or so to go and win 2-0 but obviously go out, have Wenger come out and say we were much improved, but in all honesty nothing has changed, we're not just a R16 club, we're one of the **** ones like Basel who everyone wants to face knowing it's a routine route to the QF.

At least we have Everton next at home
first time monaco have scored 3 all season?

#arseneknowsbest
Atleast we have an easy fa cup game at old Trafford though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is this? A well thought out and balanced comment on the Arsenal thread?

Get out, we cannot be having your logical approach interrupt the #Wengerout circlejerk.
Stelling with the par of the year :lol:

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Atleast we have an easy fa cup game at old Trafford though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait you support Manchester United now?
Berbatov didn't even break a sweat

Original post by leinad2012
OK, calling it now, we'll score an early goal in the second leg, grab a second with 10 or so to go and win 2-0 but obviously go out, have Wenger come out and say we were much improved, but in all honesty nothing has changed, we're not just a R16 club, we're one of the **** ones like Basel who everyone wants to face knowing it's a routine route to the QF.

At least we have Everton next at home

Basel? Not if you're English
Original post by Arkasia
Anyone who blames Wenger is pathetic. Wenger didn't deflect their first goal in. Wenger didn't run up the pitch and let them in behind on their second. Wenger didn't give the ball away on their third. Blame the players, who were atrocious tonight, and praise Monaco, who probably put in their best ever away performance tonight. Don't try to distract attention by blaming the manager.

completly disagree..

We have seen good player after good player come into this club, and the results have been the same for the past 10 years.

we have gone through multiple cycles of players, with entirely different team set ups, who all suffer from the same inablity to cope under the pressure of big games - and can only perform against weaker uponents..

Its not the players, its the attitude of the team. and that attitude comes from the manager.

Sure the players choked today, and played terribly.. but when that is happening season after season, with different players, and there is only one constant in the equasion.. you clearly can identify the problem
[video="youtube;H9ANBrUFLDg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ANBrUFLDg[/video]

Dem Arsenal fans on twitter going down on Chamberlain. Nice class...
I don't watch Arsene's press conferences or interviews because I'm tired of hearing the same thing, but I am genuinely interested in how he can defend that **** show because I can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest