The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If we are going to lose, we are going to lose because of a defensive mistake, not because Utd are a great attacking team. If they set up to hit us with pace, we are done with.
Original post by Tom_Ford
If we are going to lose, we are going to lose because of a defensive mistake, not because Utd are a great attacking team. If they set up to hit us with pace, we are done with.

Yeah sadly i cant disagree with this. You'll probably dominate the game and then that one defensive lapse may lead to a goal conceded.

I still repeat, i dont understand why you guys are so down beat about the game against us. It really is yours to lose especially with the way we are playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't think of a worst way to waste the time, energy and money of the players, the manager, our supporters etc. Oh well, day out in Manchester I guess.
Is Wilshere back for Utd?

Hopefully Paddy McNair can do us a favour again.
just thinking back at the man utd at home league game. **** all over them, and they get one of the most jammiest goals you'll ever see. jammmmmyyyyy.
Original post by angelfox
Is Wilshere back for Utd?

Hopefully Paddy McNair can do us a favour again.

McNair's not even that bad. They'll all turn up on Monday anyway :dry:
Wonder how we'll line up.
I hope Ozil scores a hattrick so that Paul Scholes looks like a mug.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Yeah sadly i cant disagree with this. You'll probably dominate the game and then that one defensive lapse may lead to a goal conceded.

I still repeat, i dont understand why you guys are so down beat about the game against us. It really is yours to lose especially with the way we are playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really stems from the mentality and feeling in the club at the moment, we are not really mentally strong as a club these days. I wish the home lads were as passionate as the away fans, but that is modern football for you. There is a lack of a 12th man at times, when we are so busy trying to cuss the players.

E.g. I hated the way fans jumped on Giroud for the Monaco game when the whole team played badly. Giroud for me has been top class this season. He is not world class, but he is a very good striker.
Original post by sevchenko
You're based in Liverpool right?

yeah at the moment
Welbz to make a sub and score would just make the night special :moon:
Original post by Stefano93

Would actually cry if that happens. But theres a higher probability that he'd **** up a great chance to give you the lead. I still remain convinced that the guy doesnt have that ruthless composure in front of goal and finishing required of a top striker. He has great workrate though and he could be utilised to nulify Di Maria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf we should play him as you know he'd be up for this game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We should play a front 3 of

Sanchez-Welbz-Walcott and hit them on the counter. Sanchez is 10x the player when playing next to welbz who tends to drag defences more and distract defenders.

If they focus too much on Sanchez then that leaves Walcott to pounce or cazorla/welbeck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
yeah at the moment

I'll be traveling from Liverpool too

I don't think Welbz has the mentality to rise to the occasion of facing his childhood club tbh, he's too nice a guy to be ruthless against a club he's so emotionally invested in. RVP on the other hand probably didn't lose any sleep over the prospect of scoring and celebrating against a club he spend 8 years at. Therein lies the difference of mentality.

That's why Theo has to start. Theo has that ruthless mentality that makes him so effective in big matches, he's a very determined individual, he wanted to win at all costs. He'd gladly rip his England team mate to shreds down the right. It clear to see he'd snake Arsenal down the line if we ever gave him the opportunity to, that's why we need to get him tied down ASAP
Original post by Arkasia
I hope Ozil scores a hattrick so that Paul Scholes looks like a mug.

Scholes needs to shut his ****ing dirty mouth for once, especially seeing as he never used to do interviews.

Guessing there's been some secret gambling and alcohol addiction that has left him short of a few bob.

Only thing better would be for dat guy to grab a couple from some cheeky Mesut through balls
Seems Barcelona are keeping tabs on the most dangerous player they've plaid against. Not a credible source but wouldn't be surprised if its true.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2015/03/barcelona-keeping-tabs-arsenals-theo-walcott/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Scholes needs to shut his ****ing dirty mouth for once, especially seeing as he never used to do interviews.

Guessing there's been some secret gambling and alcohol addiction that has left him short of a few bob.

Only thing better would be for dat guy to grab a couple from some cheeky Mesut through balls

Scholes is a hypocrite anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589258/Paul-Scholes-says-Manchester-United-players-havent-performed-David-Moyes-Sky-Sports-pundit.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11163867/Paul-Scholes-performs-dramatic-turnaround-by-hailing-Jack-Wilshere-as-Englands-best-player.html
Scholes isnt a great pundit sadly. Some of the things he says makes me cringe but sometimes he's bang on the money. He's also one of the few who would brutally take United apart whereas the others such as Neville (to an extent), Phil and Butt would not speak out of terms with whats going on at United.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3538
Original post by sevchenko

I don't think Welbz has the mentality to rise to the occasion of facing his childhood club tbh, he's too nice a guy to be ruthless against a club he's so emotionally invested in. RVP on the other hand probably didn't lose any sleep over the prospect of scoring and celebrating against a club he spend 8 years at. Therein lies the difference of mentality.

That's why Theo has to start. Theo has that ruthless mentality that makes him so effective in big matches, he's a very determined individual, he wanted to win at all costs. He'd gladly rip his England team mate to shreds down the right. It clear to see he'd snake Arsenal down the line if we ever gave him the opportunity to, that's why we need to get him tied down ASAP

Theo HAS to start cos he won't be fazed by playing against Man U unlike half our players. Wilshere also has a good mentality to win games but I don't know if he is back yet.
And I really hope Mert is actually going to try his ass off cos he looks like he doesn't care at all when he plays.
Scholes is an awful pundit, i'm not sure why he's suddenly started opening his mouth but I don't like it.

Latest