The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Did u make that bro? Good job:smile:

Nah, got it from Twitter.

But yeah... we are all Burnley fans now.
Original post by Tom_Ford
He had a good opportunity earlier and it was a decent enough save from Adrian, and he had a good game, brilliant link up play and spearheading the attacks. But I think the guy is just not aware of how good he can be, he must be the most unconfident player ever which is a shame because I think he can be absolutely world class.

Damn, he should be shooting there, especially as he's left footed.

To be fair,Walcott is demanding the ball for God knows what reason, Ozil just needs to be a bit more selfish sometimes
May God bless us with today's scoreline on Tuesday evening. Amen,
Reply 4283
How would we line up on Tuesday?

Monaco will be going full on defensive so there will be no real need for extravagant pace. I would use today's lineup with perhaps Santi instead of Walcott, to give us a front 6 of:

Giroud
Alexis Santi Ozil
Ramsey Coq
Out of interest, would people class 2nd place and a cup final as a successful season?
Original post by SA-1
How would we line up on Tuesday?

Monaco will be going full on defensive so there will be no real need for extravagant pace. I would use today's lineup with perhaps Santi instead of Walcott, to give us a front 6 of:

Giroud
Alexis Santi Ozil
Ramsey Coq

Hope they sit deep and set out to defend. Then hit them with quick trademark Arsenal attacking combinations. If we score one or two this way I think they will come out and push more forward to try and win more control of the game.

More space = we can use quicker players (aka Walcott, Welbeck to go in behind).
Reply 4286
Original post by leinad2012
Out of interest, would people class 2nd place and a cup final as a successful season?

Definitely, last season was 4th and FA cup. If this season its 2nd and FA cup then it is better right?

If we can get into the QF then it's all a step in the right direction imo.

Original post by Tom_Ford
Hope they sit deep and set out to defend. Then hit them with quick trademark Arsenal attacking combinations. If we score one or two this way I think they will come out and push more forward to try and win more control of the game.

More space = we can use quicker players (aka Walcott, Welbeck to go in behind).

Exactly, unleash the beasts when they threaten to attack.. and let Ozil do his magic while Theo and Welbz just run
Original post by leinad2012
Zain: Hopefully Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs keep winning so Louis van Gaal gets sacked. An unhappy Man United fan.

from BBC live text, people say we have **** fans, but that is just appalling

If LVG was at Arsenal I'd want the same!
I've seen plenty of Arsenal 'fans' say they want us to lose a few games so that we miss out on 4th and Wenger gets sacked, ****ty fans aren't exclusive to one club.
Guy in front of us at one claimed Giroud ''stays like Mariinsky''

My brother who's into the horses was at hand, ''well he hasnt race for 30 year, even then he didnt reallp that well''
good good in the burnley game so far.. city dont look to great at the moment
ooo... lovely clean hit there for the goal.

Burnely beating city at the moment.

Still plenty of time for city to recover, but loving it at the moment
It's a shame we still have United and chelsea to play otherwise second could have easily been in reach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol Burnley are winning. They are just handing the title over to Chelsea
Original post by al_94
Lol Burnley are winning. They are just handing the title over to Chelsea

And they're handing 2nd place to Arsenal.

People acting as if city are guaranteed top 4; they're the worst out of the top teams right now and it only takes another slip up before they're right in the middle of the fight.

As it stands:

City 58
Arsenal 57
United 53
Liverpool 51

If city lose today with liverpool and United winning their games, suddenly they don't look too safe.

Perhaps they'll improve but when you look at the quality they have and the results they're getting, the manager could be in real trouble.
Original post by Lúcio
And they're handing 2nd place to Arsenal.

People acting as if city are guaranteed top 4; they're the worst out of the top teams right now and it only takes another slip up before they're right in the middle of the fight.

As it stands:

City 58
Arsenal 57
United 53
Liverpool 51

If city lose today with liverpool and United winning their games, suddenly they don't look too safe.

Perhaps they'll improve but when you look at the quality they have and the results they're getting, the manager could be in real trouble.

I agree, on a form basis they are terrible, and should not be safe at all...

But - their fixtures fixtures, top6 clashes and overal home/away:

City: United (A) Spurs (A) [5h 4a] (1 CL game)
Arsenal: United (A) Liverpool (H) Chelsea (H) [5h 4a] (1 CL + 2 potential FA cup games)
United: Spurs (H) Liverpool (A) City (H) Chelsea (A) Arsenal (H) [5h 5a]
Liverpool: United (H) Arsenal (A) Chelsea (A) [4h 5a] (+ 3 potential FA cup games)

So.. its pretty clear that city have considerably the easiest set of fixtures.. with no other distractions after they get dumped out of the CL this weekend

For us to take 2nd, we would need to win all our lower league games.. as I fully expect us to do, and take something from united/chelsea in those two big games.

--

I dont know.. Ive watched this whole game against burnley, and they look so bad.. but their fixtures are so easy..

Really not sure where they will end up
Yeah City have the easiest fixture list but if they play like they are doing now they could drop points against Spurs Utd Southampton etc. however don't expect us to take full points against Utd Chelsea Liverpool either so will be a close one come May.
Original post by fallen_acorns
I agree, on a form basis they are terrible, and should not be safe at all...

But - their fixtures fixtures, top6 clashes and overal home/away:

City: United (A) Spurs (A) [5h 4a] (1 CL game)
Arsenal: United (A) Liverpool (H) Chelsea (H) [5h 4a] (1 CL + 2 potential FA cup games)
United: Spurs (H) Liverpool (A) City (H) Chelsea (A) Arsenal (H) [5h 5a]
Liverpool: United (H) Arsenal (A) Chelsea (A) [4h 5a] (+ 3 potential FA cup games)

So.. its pretty clear that city have considerably the easiest set of fixtures.. with no other distractions after they get dumped out of the CL this weekend

For us to take 2nd, we would need to win all our lower league games.. as I fully expect us to do, and take something from united/chelsea in those two big games.

--

I dont know.. Ive watched this whole game against burnley, and they look so bad.. but their fixtures are so easy..

Really not sure where they will end up

when they can't even beat one of the worst teams in the league, what makes you think they'll fare better even with an easier set of fixtures?
i haven't been watching the match but from what i've heard, burnley haven't even needed to play well; merely grabbed a goal and defended.
that is very worrying indeed, considering at this stage of the game they'll only get a draw at best now.

aside from liverpool, you're the best team in the league right now without a doubt.
1 point behind city (albeit with slightly harder fixtures)?
easy.

you'll beat us at the emirates or at least draw.
Holy, just saw what's happened at Turf Moor

Latest