The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Fran if you have any voluntary experience or personal life experiences that you can use to get you through being in social work area you can get in regardless of age! I was scared of not getting a place even though I was on the reserve list when i was 17...I went with another uni option as I was worried no-one would drop off the list so went with my 2nd choice, but I got to that stage so I don't think it necessary matters age?

Anyone who gets to the interview stage is all in the same boat and has a great chance of a place so fingers crossed for you!!
Reply 521
Really hoping! I have voluntary and a lot of personal experience but I wish I said about it more at the interview! Really kicking myself here
Reply 522
But it's done now i guess.. I didn't really get that much questions to reflect on my experience though at least I covered a good bit in my personal statements:/
Reply 523
Honestly like, for the questions I had, it was hard to get most of what I wanted in! I barely got to speak about my modules and things I have studied and i was upset and kicking myself when I came out..and I havent got a rejection letter yet??:s-smilie: everyone comes out feeeling a a bit at a loss as we could sit and talk for ages at how much we can show etc! But they have your personal statements and I am sure you answered the questions well so try not to worry! You should be really proud of getting to the interview stage as hundreds of people apply! x
Fran as mmq said anyone who gets to interview stage has a great chance at getting a place. It is a highly competitive course and many applicant apply morw than once. This is my second time applying. Hoping none of us have to and fingers crossed for us all, but if we dont get in this year, if social work is what we want, we just keep applying to we do get in, my friend tried 3 times before she got a place. I think its important we remain realistic and at the same time positive, they must have seen potential in all of us based on our statements and references otherwise we wouldnt have got offered an interview.

Bernie..
(edited 9 years ago)
well said bernie and mmq this is my second time applying also thats all we can do is try to relate our experiences to the questions xx
I know people who have interviews next week and they were the ones that had their ucas form submitted on the deadline and 2nd personal statement was sent out ages after mine. I can't see queens interviewing after easter break tbh they need time to do all that administration. I reckon we might hear back earlier due to easter being earlier. Also in previous years ulster uni put their offers out the week before qub so the administration and ranking has already been done qub just took longer to put out the offers. So I'd be very surprised if the interviews were after easter although uni's may just delay publishing the offers like 2013 when easter was end of March and qub didn't have results out to 4th may.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah guys I just wish we knew one way or another!! But time is going so quick!! I hope we find out before 7th May because I am going to be in Portugal that week and I'm terrified there will be no wifi!!! HaHa ������

My friend just got her interview letter on Friday and it's this Wednesday...not a lot of time to prep at all!! I got 2 1/2 weeks notice xx
yeah mines on friday i got two weeks notice cant wait till its over x
Reply 529
Original post by khutchinson06
yeah mines on friday i got two weeks notice cant wait till its over x

Good luck on Friday, with reguards work/voluntary/life experience I didn't talk about it, as I wasn't asked, looking back now was stupid. I think won of the interviewers mentioned it . Do u guys think interview is the most important thing or do they take into account ur ucas form and the second personal statement questions.

Rory.:frown:
im not sure i hope so as im not great at interviews i dont think its fair if you mess up on on one question or forget to include something to just write you off but it is competitive so i dont know
Reply 531
I hope they have a look at the personal statements before making the decision but I also heard from a friend that once you get an interview your on a clean page so your starting over again which basically means the interview is the last stage they have already took into account your personal statements so the interview is the last stage to show off what you have so dont know if that is a good or bad thing :/
Reply 532
Original post by Fran10
I hope they have a look at the personal statements before making the decision but I also heard from a friend that once you get an interview your on a clean page so your starting over again which basically means the interview is the last stage they have already took into account your personal statements so the interview is the last stage to show off what you have so dont know if that is a good or bad thing :/

Nicoh88
Totally agree, those direct questions threw me a bit, as I prepared for different types of questions. U never no tho.
Positive- Mental- Attitude.
That's wot iam trying to tell myself.

Rory
dont know if this is correct but i was told that there is 6 questions one being a scenario and the others are general like why do you want to be a social worker what is the role what would you expect from a social worker and you have to relate one or more to yor own experiences
dont know if this is correct but i was told that there is 6 questions one being a scenario and the others are general like why do you want to be a social worker what is the role what would you expect from a social worker and you have to relate one or more to yor own experiences

Hi khutchinson

In my interview I was asked 1 warm up question which you are not marked on and 6 questions, one being a scenario, you are marked out of 10 for each question, and you need to score at least 30 to pass interview. The questions I was asked all related to the yellow sheet, so I would just make sure you gave some pointers on each of the issues outlined on the guidelines, they do seem to be changing the questions around but they wouldn't be able to ask you something outside of what's on the sheet and your personal statement. You will be fine.

Bernie...
Original post by waveydavey!
I know people who have interviews next week and they were the ones that had their ucas form submitted on the deadline and 2nd personal statement was sent out ages after mine. I can't see queens interviewing after easter break tbh they need time to do all that administration. I reckon we might hear back earlier due to easter being earlier. Also in previous years ulster uni put their offers out the week before qub so the administration and ranking has already been done qub just took longer to put out the offers. So I'd be very surprised if the interviews were after easter although uni's may just delay publishing the offers like 2013 when easter was end of March and qub didn't have results out to 4th may.

Hi waveydavey

I agree I don't think they will either as they will have to allow time to sort through interview feedback, I did read on a previous thread that uu got back to people on 30th march one year, so hopefully they don't keep us waiting to may.

Bernie...
Reply 536
Did you guys get a sheet for the scearnio or were you just asked it as question?
Just asked it in a question..
thanks bernie i thought so didnt know about the warm up question
thanks bernie i thought so didnt know about the warm up question

Your welcome, were have you applied to....

Quick Reply

Latest