The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Conditional offer (help)

Hey guys I am from india I got a conditional offer from bath university for business management as I am from india their requirement is 85%overall with at least 80% in all subjects to include English I will be able to score +80 in all subjects or rather 90 but our maths paper was very difficult rather all the newspapers and news channels in india broadcasted the same issue and this issue was also raised in the parliament so I am not sure whether I will be able to score good marks in maths and because of that my % might also suffer so what should I do now ?? And scoring 80%+ in maths is difficult

and I have one more doubt as economy is not that great so I have heard Indians in bath are not able to find placement as a part of their course is it true? And because of that I have applied for the 3 year course
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Please reply
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
They may be lenient, however Bath are not known to let up when it comes to entry requirements. If you firm that offer, you may not get in once you get your results, did you apply to any other universities? What are they offering you? You should have a back up University (insurance choice) which has slightly lower entry requirements just in case you don't meet the requirements for your first choice.

As for placements, you can do the 3year course now and switch to the 4year placement course at the beginning of the second year if you want to do placements, it shouldn't be hard to get placements, and the University are able to help you find somewhere.
Reply 3
Original post by scrunkie
They may be lenient, however Bath are not known to let up when it comes to entry requirements. If you firm that offer, you may not get in once you get your results, did you apply to any other universities? What are they offering you? You should have a back up University (insurance choice) which has slightly lower entry requirements just in case you don't meet the requirements for your first choice.

As for placements, you can do the 3year course now and switch to the 4year placement course at the beginning of the second year if you want to do placements, it shouldn't be hard to get placements, and the University are able to help you find somewhere.

Hey ! I got offers from exetor durham bath Nottingham and warwick but I really want to go to bath what are your suggestions and really bath will not be lenient ? But our paper was extremely difficult it was of IIT ( top engineering college of india- indian institute of technology ) level
Original post by Tanvi97.
Hey ! I got offers from exetor durham bath Nottingham and warwick but I really want to go to bath what are your suggestions and really bath will not be lenient ? But our paper was extremely difficult it was of IIT ( top engineering college of india- indian institute of technology ) level

I have no idea if they would be lenient. If you really want it, then choose it as your first choice and see what happens. Sometimes Universities can be lenient, depending on the course but sometimes they're just not. It varies from year to year so you won't know for sure until you do it. Alternatively, you could email their admissions team and explain the situation and see if there's a chance you could still be accepted. I say go for it and if you don't get in, then you always have a back up.
Reply 5
Original post by scrunkie
I have no idea if they would be lenient. If you really want it, then choose it as your first choice and see what happens. Sometimes Universities can be lenient, depending on the course but sometimes they're just not. It varies from year to year so you won't know for sure until you do it. Alternatively, you could email their admissions team and explain the situation and see if there's a chance you could still be accepted. I say go for it and if you don't get in, then you always have a back up.

Okay thankyou so much it really helped:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest